Who's guilty....

JeepFan

Hooked
Of opening the hood of your Jeep and just looking around at all the cool technology that went into bringing you the Wayalife?

1436645369208.jpg

It truly is amazing what we do with these amazing machines. Right?

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Maybe not opening the hood but sometimes when I drive past an old 4x4 going 55mph on the freeway and they look miserable I stop and think how amazing it is to have extremely capable jeep and have all the creature comforts of a modern vehicle!

JeepFan

Hooked
Maybe not opening the hood but sometimes when I drive past an old 4x4 going 55mph on the freeway and they look miserable I stop and think how amazing it is to have extremely capable jeep and have all the creature comforts of a modern vehicle!

So true! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :thumb:

TheStick

I remember after a trail the first year I had my JK, we pull back onto pavement, I hit the "home" button on the GPS and then turned up the satellite radio and was thinking the same thing. So awesome to have the modern day tech along with an amazing off-road vehicle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. Back in the day I had a 77 J10 Jeep truck and an 85 CJ7. They were like driving a box car with square wheels.

LOL!! In some ways, i miss all that old tech. Super easy to work on and so long as it has gas and a battery, they'll just run and run :crazyeyes:

JeepFan

Hooked
LOL!! In some ways, i miss all that old tech. Super easy to work on and so long as it has gas and a battery, they'll just run and run :crazyeyes:

Hahaha. I do too! I really regret selling both of these cool Jeeps. I put so much time and money into keeping them in great condition.

Although, I sure don't miss the finicky carburetor in the CJ. :-D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha. I do too! I really regret selling both of these cool Jeeps. I put so much time and money into keeping them in great condition.

Although, I sure don't miss the finicky carburetor in the CJ. :-D

LOL!! You telling me you don't like the old carter carb?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I open the hood and look and all the cool technology and wonder WTF it all does. Then I close the hood and hope that nothing ever goes wrong with it.

holliewood61

The new stuff is definatly amazing, but I think its awesome how you can now affordably take a 30 yr old engine and bring it into thus century with new age cam profiles, modern EFI, capacitor discharge ignition, and electronic timing control. All being adjustable with a hand held controller. Its great to be able to blend the old school with modern technology.

I open the hood and look and all the cool technology and wonder WTF it all does. Then I close the hood and hope that nothing ever goes wrong with it.
oh good. I was hoping i wasnt the only one that did that. :thumbup:

Jgarch

If a friend of mine hadn't shown me where the pentastar's oil filter was, if still be looking! I can't wait for the first oil change to see what else there is...

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Good thread. After owning three CJ's and an MJ I can say my '12 JKUR is definitely the best of them all. Warn overdrives mostly solved freeway issues on the old beaters. The CJ's broke on the trail every once in awhile. The simpler technology was fixable every time. They broke, but after some trailside wrenching they always brought me home. One hundred HP didn't twist many axles, driveshafts, or diffs. I went boldly onto the trail solo many times, but wouldn't think about it today. The JK is a very good freeway machine and with factory lockers is way more competent off road than anything before it. My old CJ's never were at the dealer. Everything happened in the garage on jack stands. With the JK it seems every time the "you are f@#ked" light comes on we're on the way to the dealership. That's the price we pay for a vehicle this good. The one I miss the most...
Animas Forks 1976.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Guilty, I think to myself how can this 57 year old motor run flawlessly while the JK's can't make a year or two without issues..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436881943.363827.jpg

Rccrwlr

The new stuff is definatly amazing, but I think its awesome how you can now affordably take a 30 yr old engine and bring it into thus century with new age cam profiles, modern EFI, capacitor discharge ignition, and electronic timing control. All being adjustable with a hand held controller. Its great to be able to blend the old school with modern technology.

That sure looks a lot like my 79'CJ motor. 304?

Top Bottom