Unflash before going to the dealership

kpig

I am about to bring my 2013 JK to the dealership for an ABS brake bleed. My question is with the Traildash installed, do I need to completely unflash all programming including the reprogramming for tire size and gear ratio or just the performance tune. The problem is if I unflash the adjustment for tire size and gearing, it goes into limp mode.

jeeeep

Hooked
I am about to bring my 2013 JK to the dealership for an ABS brake bleed. My question is with the Traildash installed, do I need to completely unflash all programming including the reprogramming for tire size and gear ratio or just the performance tune. The problem is if I unflash the adjustment for tire size and gearing, it goes into limp mode.

take the traildash with you, ask the dealer if the abs bleed requires a flash and also ask if they have any updates they plan to flash for. depending on what they need, you may request them not to flash your jeep. if you need to, only remove the performance tune. sometimes even then, if they flash the pcm it'll brick the tuner

USMC Wrangler

I took my Procal with me to the dealer for the power mirror recall, removed all the tuning in the parking lot then reinstalled when they were done. :twocents:

TomRalph

Always un-flash.

GMC Diesel went in because the headlight mounting clip broke in the first 5,000 miles. They upgraded the ECU wiping out my flash, took 2 days of talking to people at Diablo to get them to unlock my tuner so I could reflash it.

You never know when they will get button happy and upgrade your ECU or other...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have had my jeep at the dealer a few times and just told them I had a tune on it and not to reflash my jeep. Never had an issue with it

kpig

Got to love the dealerships. The service writer had no idea what I was talking about and blew it off. I chose not to leave it at that dealership. I hate going to the dealerships. they still have not even fixed the recalls. Not that it matters since I fixed it myself. I'm rambling because I'm kinda aggravated. Thanks Wayalifers for the advice. maybe I'll try again with another dealership.

USMC Wrangler

Got to love the dealerships. The service writer had no idea what I was talking about and blew it off. I chose not to leave it at that dealership. I hate going to the dealerships. they still have not even fixed the recalls. Not that it matters since I fixed it myself. I'm rambling because I'm kinda aggravated. Thanks Wayalifers for the advice. maybe I'll try again with another dealership.

That's why I preemptively uninstalled. It is amazing to me the lack of knowledge sometimes. Anyway, good luck in your search.

JKMag

I would recommend uninstalling as the last couple times my Jeep was in the shop they applied a flash to address something??? not sure what that would do if you had the program still installed.

kpig

I would recommend uninstalling as the last couple times my Jeep was in the shop they applied a flash to address something??? not sure what that would do if you had the program still installed.

Did you uninstall the programming for tire size and gearing or just any performance tune?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have had my jeep at the dealer a few times and just told them I had a tune on it and not to reflash my jeep. Never had an issue with it

This has been my experience as well. I've had my rig in for regular maintenance and warranty work. I have never had an issue. I have just told them it's tuned and not to reflash and they have been great about it. Same story with our old 2 door at a different dealership.

Top Bottom