Evo Fascia and Body Damage

Jtmw

Bad news bears, I got into some stuff yesterday that took a toll on the Jeep. Bent my rear bumper pretty good on the corner and was thinking about something more minimal, but as the picture below show how does the fascia guard these areas? Also how have you guys fixed this damage on the windshield. Thanks, Had too much fun yesterday.

0935d5328ce4fa2b47bd8f86990af7fe.jpg
IMG_3413.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bad news bears, I got into some stuff yesterday that took a toll on the Jeep. Bent my rear bumper pretty good on the corner and was thinking about something more minimal, but as the picture below show how does the fascia guard these areas? Also how have you guys fixed this damage on the windshield. Thanks, Had too much fun yesterday.

View attachment 153301

the facia doesn't guard those area because that's your windshield :crazyeyes:

Jtmw

Hahaha, that was just a side note if anyone just bondo's it or if theres a way to take it off and pound it out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's no fixing the windshield unless you're okay with using some bondo. Finding a replacement from a yard is pretty tough too - ask me how I know.

There's no protecting the bottoms of the quarter panels without a bumper or EVO armor with the added tubes. That being said, for the most part, I have not found this to be a problem.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hahaha, that was just a side note if anyone just bondo's it or if theres a way to take it off and pound it out.

I have damage in the same spot on my windshield. I left it cause its like a beauty mark lol

for the facia it really doesn't protect those areas. what going bumperless does do tho is gives you a little more of a departure angle. a little less chance of what happened to you happening again. you can either run the facia and d ring mounts or just the d ring mounts. it just depends on what look you like better.

USMC Wrangler

I can't speak to the rear bumper question, but many years ago I was a auto body apprentice. For a dent like that where I couldn't access the back of the damage, I would have used a stud welder and slide hammer. It still requires grinding down to bare metal and using some body filler, then of course paint prep, prime, paint, clear. Where most people go wrong in using "bondo" is using it on dents deeper than 1/4" or so. Thicker than that, it will likely crack at some point.

Sorry to hear about the damage, but did you have fun? :D

p899b.jpg

Jtmw

I can't speak to the rear bumper question, but many years ago I was a auto body apprentice. For a dent like that where I couldn't access the back of the damage, I would have used a stud welder and slide hammer. It still requires grinding down to bare metal and using some body filler, then of course paint prep, prime, paint, clear. Where most people go wrong in using "bondo" is using it on dents deeper than 1/4" or so. Thicker than that, it will likely crack at some point.

Sorry to hear about the damage, but did you have fun? :D

View attachment 153315

I will leave it, the paint didn't crack so I'm not really worried. Yes it was fun a day, but this was from getting between two tress and sliding into it. So this moment not so fun But part of the fun yes.:doh:

Top Bottom