Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Project "Thanos" Build

Outstanding write up, good stuff 👍👍. Looking forward to seeing the new phase 👍

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    i'm assuming with Heims on the tie rod and drag link there is a bit more maintenance like regularly spraying white lithium or something. how long do they last before wearing out?

What a project. Great job. Thanks for the write up. One question though, why not go with a double sheer set up for the tie rod?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    i'm assuming with Heims on the tie rod and drag link there is a bit more maintenance like regularly spraying white lithium or something. how long do they last before wearing out?
    Depends on where you live. I feel like they last longer than tie rod ends

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    What a project. Great job. Thanks for the write up. One question though, why not go with a double sheer set up for the tie rod?
    Good call out - it just kind of "happened". When we started all we had was the Ruff Stuff steering kit which comes with standard tie rod ends, and a standard superduty high steer arm kit from Artec. During the geometry planning we were concerned about drag link angles so we opted to to swap to heims and went for the straight forward setup of just doing them all the same.

To go double-shear I'll need to change out the arm (you'll notice the drag link mount point is about an inch offset from the lower tie rod point), and add another arm to the driver side, but it's def something we'll look at in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    Yep, bit more maintenance, but they seem to last well enough to be used in a lot of extreme applications, so I'm not too worried about it. It's also a $25 part to replace should one of these chomoly ends actually fail.
    Last edited by iRonin; Yesterday at 09:40 PM. Reason: grammar
    - iRonin aka "Thanos"
    | Build Thread | Instagram | Youtube |

Dude you are conquering this thing. Great work. The trail pics look BA

Man awesome details on building the front. Kind of jealous! Sometimes wish I went with junkyards.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829