Rubi springs and shocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, unless you can get these for free, I would save your money and just get coil spacers. The amount of lift you'd get out of Rubi coils really isn't as much as most choose to believe. The shocks are a bit firmer which I prefer but again, I personally wouldn't go this route unless you could do it for free.

kerrhau

I didn't want a 2.5 lift that was actually 3.5 and was gonna do the springs and shocks with 1-1.5 spacers

07JKSahara

I didn't want a 2.5 lift that was actually 3.5 and was gonna do the springs and shocks with 1-1.5 spacers

2 inch spacers will net you 2 inches. The "2.5 gives you 3.5" is with totally new coils. Spacers or Budget boost is also very economical.

kerrhau

My thinking was I ordered the jeep with nothing except 3.73 so I figured I was gonna get crap for springs so was looking to upgrade springs as well

thardy

Banned
My thinking was I ordered the jeep with nothing except 3.73 so I figured I was gonna get crap for springs so was looking to upgrade springs as well

If you go with a budget boost and a good set of shocks, you will be sitting and riding just about right.

07JKSahara

I see what you mean. It's all about the part numbers on the springs. Higher is stiffer (for a heavier jk). Just make sure if you put new ones on, getting higher numbers (19/60) if you want lift.

kerrhau

OK I was planning on just running 33s so I was thinking higher rated springs rubi shocks and teraflex leveling kit (spacers). Any recommendation poly spacers or metal?

CREEPR

OK I was planning on just running 33s so I was thinking higher rated springs rubi shocks and teraflex leveling kit (spacers). Any recommendation poly spacers or metal?

Are you planning adding front and rear weight? I ran Polly 2" spacers with jkur springs and rubi shocks on a 2 door with stubby front and winch and no rear bumper. With this i had plenty of clearance for 35s. Stiff as hell but I like a stiffer suspension. You might get by with either stiffer springs or spacers. Both you might get higher than you want.

Rodeo_jk

They gave me 1.5 inches of lift and they bear weight from addons much better than my flimsy stock springs

ClarksAdventures

I've got a set from my 2dr with 10,000 miles. I'm in oregon, but they are yours for shipping and the promise of a six pack if I drive through your neck of the woods. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom