Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WOL Motorcycle Thread

Knows a Thing or Two Spudcannons's Avatar

WOL Motorcycle Thread

I just recently acquired my motorcycle license and am currently in the market for a first bike. I really like the Triumph Triple speed but I am not sure of what cc or power level of a bike is too much. Anyone have some experience or recommendations of good starter bikes?

It just depends how comfortable you are, i grew up on dirtbikes and my first motorcycle ended up being a cbr600rr and i adjusted just fine, engine size doesnt have as much to do with it as does rider ability. Vtwins are safer to start on though in my opinion because theyre easier to ride around town and typically are a little softer on acceleration. Just go with whatever you feel comfortable on and take it easy, skills will come with experience. Also, take a safety course, everyone has something to learn from them no matter how seasoned the rider.

My current ride
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo_jk View Post
    It just depends how comfortable you are, i grew up on dirtbikes and my first motorcycle ended up being a cbr600rr and i adjusted just fine, engine size doesnt have as much to do with it as does rider ability. Vtwins are safer to start on though in my opinion because theyre easier to ride around town and typically are a little softer on acceleration. Just go with whatever you feel comfortable on and take it easy, skills will come with experience. Also, take a safety course, everyone has something to learn from them no matter how seasoned the rider.
    Good advise. I took a safety course which used Honda 250's which were pretty disappointing for more than the courses low speed exercises, and I doubt they would be safe on the highway. I like the idea of the blend of drivability and performance of three cylinders plus they sound pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo_jk View Post
    My current ride
    Nice bike! This is what I was looking at

speed triple.jpg

My current bike....
    Attached Images Attached Images

03 Harley Night train

First motorcycle

The speed triple is really way too much for a forst bike. That's 1000cc with 120hp for something that weighs around 500lbs wet... With out learning proper wrist control, a ride over an unexpected bump could end badly.

If you want new, maybe look at the Yamaha fz-07. Has a whole bunch of great reviews.

Nice. I would like a V-Rod night edition or whatever the matte black one is but I don't want to spend that much.

Quote Originally Posted by trailless View Post
    The speed triple is really way too much for a forst bike. That's 1000cc with 120hp for something that weighs around 500lbs wet... With out learning proper wrist control, a ride over an unexpected bump could end badly.

If you want new, maybe look at the Yamaha fz-07. Has a whole bunch of great reviews.
    I was looking at the 675. I agree a liter bike would be overkill

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast