Deal or No deal?

LasVegasJK

Looking at a 2015 D44(front) minus the locker. Gussets installed. Comes with 4.10 R/P for front and rear, and also rubicon axle shafts for front and rear.
They are asking $1500 for all.
Is this really a deal if I have to buy a new carrier for it?
And the 4.10s, if I'm regearing the rear (currently 3.73), I'll pry want something deeper for taller tires anyway. So those will sit on my bench and collect dust.
So, Deal or no deal?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Seems a bit steep to me. I think the housing alone is worth $6-800 tops. If you are not getting the carrier/locker and the R/P aren't going to get used anyway, I think your money would be much better spent on a PR44 housing for ~$2200.

If you are jumping from a D30 front to a D44 front, from the center section out is identical between the two variants. While the 44 R/P is larger/stronger, most breaks/bends occur in the tubes. This is where the Prorock44 housing would help.

Hope this helps!

LasVegasJK

Seems a bit steep to me. I think the housing alone is worth $6-800 tops. If you are not getting the carrier/locker and the R/P aren't going to get used anyway, I think your money would be much better spent on a PR44 housing for ~$2200.

If you are jumping from a D30 front to a D44 front, from the center section out is identical between the two variants. While the 44 R/P is larger/stronger, most breaks/bends occur in the tubes. This is where the Prorock44 housing would help.

Hope this helps!

This is what I was thinking as well. Thank you.

Top Bottom