Mopar heated seat and Quadratec 12v kit

Bigjimbo

I have a 2012 JKU Sport S and want to add heated seats. The mopar kit is what I have been leaning toward and looks to be a clean install utilizing the lighter plug.

Quadratec sells a harness which also appears to tap into the lighter plug to add accessories vs dropping everything on the spod.

So has anyone know if both the quadratec and the mopar kit can be done together, or is it one or the other as I suspect?

82212697 Heated Seat Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NQ77I2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_gY.Svb93RXE3G

12v kit
http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9801.htm

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
For about $100 you can get carbon waterproof seat heaters from Amazon that, IMHO, are far better than the factory heaters. And you can run them to a switched spot in the fuse box so there is no need to spend the money on the Q-tec thing.

Check the last few pages of "The Building of Meanst". It's a buddy of mine's Jeep and I did the install.

Jtmw

Bigjimbo

Sharkey - thanks for the suggestions. I didn't consider those heaters because they seemed very cheap and look to be made in China. They didn't have any reviews on Amazon either. The q-tec harness isn't needed for the Mopar kit, the Mopar kit taps into the lighter plug for power. I have the Sport S, thus only have 1 lighter plug in front of the shifter to tap into. So I believe that it's going to be one or the other. Unless I could tap into the one in the console.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey - thanks for the suggestions. I didn't consider those heaters because they seemed very cheap and look to be made in China. They didn't have any reviews on Amazon either. The q-tec harness isn't needed for the Mopar kit, the Mopar kit taps into the lighter plug for power. I have the Sport S, thus only have 1 lighter plug in front of the shifter to tap into. So I believe that it's going to be one or the other. Unless I could tap into the one in the console.

The heaters Meanst bought came with a tap for a switched position in the fuse box (m9 maybe?).

jeeeep

Hooked
if I recall correctly, the mopar set comes with the plugs needed and there are already plugs under the seats for them to plug into.

I have the Q-tec plug is good in that it does uses factory plugs so no wire cutting but it's pricey for what it is, I would recommend using Posi-Tap connectors, cheaper and they work great.

Top Bottom