Ball Joints

Higby1

I was hoping for a little help in the realm of choosing new ball joints. I am looking at Synergy and the new ones from Rareparts.com. I am just not sure which ones to go with. I am a newbie to the jeep community and I am still learning. I have seen good and bad feedback for both companies and was curious to know if anyone has used either of these products or what the community has had success with? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Spudcannons

I was hoping for a little help in the realm of choosing new ball joints. I am looking at Synergy and the new ones from Rareparts.com. I am just not sure which ones to go with. I am a newbie to the jeep community and I am still learning. I have seen good and bad feedback for both companies and was curious to know if anyone has used either of these products or what the community has had success with? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just got a PR44 with Dynatrac ball joints and they are amazing. I also had them in my Ram 3500 and they were great in that too. They are definitely for the extra money if you are open too more than just those 2 options.

Also drop by the give us a wave section! Welcome to Wayalife!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're all the same joints made by the same Chinese company only packaged up in different boxes. Alloy, and Crown HD's are the same joints too. If you're looking to save some money, I would just get what's the cheapest and more times than not, that would be the Crown HD's.

Dynatrac ProSteers are more expensive but, they will pretty much be the last set of ball joints you will ever need to get. Well worth the money.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If you can afford them Dynatrac is supposed to be the best and rebuild able. If not Synergy is supposed to be good also but I believe the Crown HD ones are the same ones but are cheaper in price.

Edit: and Eddie beat me to it. Lol.

Lil Nasty

Question...D30 front axle, needing to replace my factory ball joints. Is there a benefit in buying the Dynatrac BJ's for this axle or should I just buy the Crown HD and wait until I upgrade to the Dynatrac PR44?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Question...D30 front axle, needing to replace my factory ball joints. Is there a benefit in buying the Dynatrac BJ's for this axle or should I just buy the Crown HD and wait until I upgrade to the Dynatrac PR44?

You can get the dynatracs and then swap them into a pr44 when you upgrade

Anybody tried the terraflex? I know I know, but they look pretty good for the price & I think it's a new design.

I know your probably thinking, " I'm going to get hammered on this one!"..... But in all seriousness, as an important piece as ball joints are, I would not want any of their products in my steering components!!!! If you have ever dealt with a habitual liar, you know they can never be trusted in what they say. I feel the same way about TF products.....

robx251

Caught the Bug
I will put in my two cents here. I replaced my ball joints early this year, like around February. I used the alloys because I found a good deal on a set. I went out yesterday and was checking out the front end and checked the ball joints both sides have significant movement up and down. Im talking 1/4 inch or more on both sides up and down. I work in a shop and am not impressed. I have started a claim yesterday but being a long weekend I haven't heard back from them and do not expect to do so until mid week.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I will put in my two cents here. I replaced my ball joints early this year, like around February. I used the alloys because I found a good deal on a set. I went out yesterday and was checking out the front end and checked the ball joints both sides have significant movement up and down. Im talking 1/4 inch or more on both sides up and down. I work in a shop and am not impressed. I have started a claim yesterday but being a long weekend I haven't heard back from them and do not expect to do so until mid week.

Are you sure it's the ball joints and not the unit bearing?

robx251

Caught the Bug
Yes. I even double checked just to make sure. The entire knuckle is moving up and down and I can see the balljoints moving

jorgelrod

Hooked
Sorry to hijack the thread but, can anybody chime in on the Synergys, A kit I ordered include these and would love to know how are everybody's holding.

Top Bottom