Rancho 9000 Series Shocks

GRNHORN

In order to adjust the 9000 series shocks does the jeep need to be lifted off the ground? Or can you just crawl underneath and make adjustments?

JeepJeep75

Those shocks have been around a long time. Several friends of mine have had them on various trucks. Just crawl under your ride and adjust them however you want, as often as you want. No need to do any lifting.

Dirt Foot

I have the same lift as you. Try starting out with 4 in the back and 3 in the front.

Wow. That didn't sound good!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
My work is done here. :)
Thanks all!
As mentioned you do not need to lift the vehicle up.
The knob turns clockwise and will firm it up.
A lot like (as Dirt Foot mentioned) a 3/3 3/4 combo.
Play around with it and find the ride you like.

Not sure where you are at, but hitting them with a clear coat helps out too. For any painted shock.
Matt

GRNHORN

My work is done here. :)
Thanks all!
As mentioned you do not need to lift the vehicle up.
The knob turns clockwise and will firm it up.
A lot like (as Dirt Foot mentioned) a 3/3 3/4 combo.
Play around with it and find the ride you like.

Not sure where you are at, but hitting them with a clear coat helps out too. For any painted shock.
Matt

Thank you for the reply.

When the shocks were installed they were set at 3/3, and I haven't changed them yet since I wasn't sure if I had to lift it or not. What I want to do (and was suggested by Jay and Andrew) was to ride with this for a bit and then change them to see what setting I want them at.

I was thinking going to 5/5 to see how that feels and then just modify it from there for the best ride.

Thank you all for the responses I will make the changes and find the perfect setting for me.

Top Bottom