Gas vs. Electric Power washer? What soap to use on dirty/muddy jeep?

Spudcannons

I am looking into buying a power washer, gas vs electric is the big question. Also what psi or specs are best for cleaning a brick driveway and garage walkway(granite stone). Also what's the best or your favorite soap to clean your jeep and undercarriage?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had a simple gas one that was awesome for cleaning anything, cant remember the pressure it was rated at however. Deff a good thing to have around the house tho. It was a craftsman tho which I would avoid if they even make them anymore.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I have a Craftsman with a Honda engine that I have had for a couple years. Cleans the driveways and sidewalks perfectly.

TwistedJK

I use an AR Blue Clean (electric), 1900 psi for the jeep. It works great getting this crappy Florida mud off. Troy gas powered for driveways, sidewalks etc.

SnailTrail

I have a gas one but would prefer a good electric like a Kranzle. Problem is they are expensive. I say that because not only is gas loud, but you have to constantly turn it off or turn the idle down when your not using it. I usually go through a tank of gas too if I'm cleaning mud off underneath. Just my .02

JakeJK

safe for use on the jeep?

I've got a Troy gas power washer, and yes all you have to do is change out the heads to use it on a vehicle I wouldn't use the high power stream on a car though as it can nearly eat up concrete mine came with 4 different strength nozzles

They also run off Briggs and Stratton engines which IMO are great. And we have a briggs and plant in auburn al. Probably runner up to a Honda engine

Last edited:

Clark Griswold

I have a Generac Onewash, it is gas and adjustable from 2 - 3k psi with 4 nozzles. Pretty much covers anything you would want to do with it. I personally wouldn't want anything else at this point.

Top Bottom