Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning my build, any suggestions?

Planning my build, any suggestions?

I'm considering MetalCloak for the lift I was going to get. Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at getting. Any suggestions in the same price point? Or is this a good setup to go with? I want to do more than just spacers. This is about the max of my budget. I want the most for my $$. And this was suggested by a good friend of mine. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438482748.487782.jpg

You could into Rock Krawler they make a nice 2.5 inch kit check it out

Also EVO makes a nice kit called the Enforcer it can yield 3 inches or 4 inches and it comes with plush rides or coilovers whichever you prefer

They also make a budget boost leveling kit check it out as well

Just a few that I have heard are good kits
    In the end it's your decision
    David (dcbjk)

Life is simple only thing that makes it complicated is human being (dcbjk)
    Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get (forest gump)
    There are no shortcuts to a place worth going
    LIFE IS SIMPLE, ITS JUST NOT EASY

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Cooper STT pros 33s or 35s
    -EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger
    -Too MUCH

Awesome!! Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm new to all this so every bit helps!!

No problem
    David (dcbjk)

Life is simple only thing that makes it complicated is human being (dcbjk)
    Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get (forest gump)
    There are no shortcuts to a place worth going
    LIFE IS SIMPLE, ITS JUST NOT EASY

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Cooper STT pros 33s or 35s
    -EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger
    -Too MUCH

Best idea is to read everything you can. A lot of misinformation is out there. Good luck!
    I am a bit of an evo fan but a lot of my local forum run RK and love it.

Great!! Thanks!!

in the process of replacing my 3.5" RE kit with a 3.5" RK X factor mid arm. Cant wait to see the difference. Be a few weeks as Jeep still in garage after accident. I'll let you know how it rides when I get it done. Whats your time frame for the lift install?

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    in the process of replacing my 3.5" RE kit with a 3.5" RK X factor mid arm. Cant wait to see the difference. Be a few weeks as Jeep still in garage after accident. I'll let you know how it rides when I get it done. Whats your time frame for the lift install?
    What's a "mid arm" kit? What are the benefits?

Been Around the Block

Just to add to what you're considering.. I also started with a RE 3.5" kit... It had all the parts and pieces and gave me several years of great Off-roading.. Rubicon, Slick Rock, etc.. It was what fit my (Wife's) budget..

Now I'm swapping out parts for better quality stuff.. I have the Metalcloak Adjustable Control Arms.. Love Them.. Synergy Parts, a few RK items, etc... So, basically I bought what I could afford...was happy with it... and as time progresses I've been swapping in items that I want for Better performance. EVO is very popular on this forum and for very good reason... But there's lots of ways to build.

Most importantly is do what makes you happy... It's your Jeep... Make it Your Statement...
    2008 JKU in constant state of upgrade ~ Don't listen to my Wife...its really Mine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast