Tab and Slot Off-Road weld together bumper kits

Thorwon

I ordered a front stubby bumper kit from Tab and Slot Off-road. I found it on ebay. $119 was the opening bid price and nobody else bid so that's what I paid for it. It is the model with the lowest winch mount plate and out fog lights and I wanted to keep my factory fog lights so I used some 4.25" pipe I had and added them to the bottom of it.
The reason I wanted this bumper is it sets the winch between the frame rails so the winch doesn't interfere with air flow into the radiator. This is very important as I have a Hemi and I don't want to take any chance of it over heating.
The kit was very easy to assemble and the fit of the parts was great.
I liked it so much I also got their rear bumper kit.
I lost my pics of the front bumper assembly process but I have some pics of the rear kit on my work bench.:)
Please ignore my messy work area, I don't have space enough to store all the projects I have going.:D

front.jpg front1.jpg 20150801_132752_resized.jpg 20150801_164644_resized.jpg 20150801_164651_resized.jpg 20150801_164804_resized.jpg 20150801_175237_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Thorwon

The bumper itself is badass but the fact that you have a hemi is a bit more badass lol

Thanks. I saved for a long time to have the install done. I went with a used engine/trans and had a local shop do the install. It totaled just under $16,000 and I'm very happy with it.

hhunter050

Yes it's amazing. I have a write up on it I'll post. Where should I put it, Show & Tell or in the JK forum?

Well since you are new. You should go to the give us a wave thread and post some pics of your jk and share how you got your jeep and then post in the show and tell

Edit: The Give us a Wave section is under WAYALIFE in the Forums

Last edited:

Thorwon

I'm watching one of these on Ebay right now. Which pieces are 1/4" and which are 3/16"? Thanks

The Winch Plate, the Mounting Plates and the Thru Plates are 1/4". The bumper is heavy and fits together good. You will have to clamp some of the pieces as it's hard to make a perfect bend. I used a ratchet strap to pull it together.

USMC Wrangler

The Winch Plate, the Mounting Plates and the Thru Plates are 1/4". The bumper is heavy and fits together good. You will have to clamp some of the pieces as it's hard to make a perfect bend. I used a ratchet strap to pull it together.

Top Bottom