Simulated/Removable Beadlock Wheels

JKRosie

Hey Discount Tire,

So I'm in the market for some new wheels, preferably 17's (but not limited to), with 5 on 5 for my fabulous JKU and my big thing is I have been searching the internet for wheels that have a removable rock ring so I can paint, seeing as I will most likely be changing colors of Jeeps soon! I am not an offroader besides some mud everyonce in a while so I don't need to actually mount my tires by the beadlocks. It is simply for looks and the ability to color match! It would be awesome if you could help me out in looking for some! Hope to hear from you soon! :thumb:

JeepNoob

Subscribed. I'm in the same boat as I'd like something that can get beatup and replaced. Mickey Thompson had a set that got discontinued and so did Discount tire but they are both off the market as far as I know. If I find something new I'll forward it also.

Grubbicon

You could put a steel wheel on it then weld a rock ring to the wheel. I dont know if there is really anything else to do other then tape off a beadlook and paint.

hhunter050

Hey Discount Tire,

So I'm in the market for some new wheels, preferably 17's (but not limited to), with 5 on 5 for my fabulous JKU and my big thing is I have been searching the internet for wheels that have a removable rock ring so I can paint, seeing as I will most likely be changing colors of Jeeps soon! I am not an offroader besides some mud everyonce in a while so I don't need to actually mount my tires by the beadlocks. It is simply for looks and the ability to color match! It would be awesome if you could help me out in looking for some! Hope to hear from you soon! :thumb:

Alot of people run ATX Slabs or Spyder lock Beadlocks. Both have removable rings and look badass.

Edit: Just realized you said you were wanting a simulated beadlocks that is removeable. I've seen some American Racing rims that have removeable fake beadlocks I'll try to find them and post up a URL

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Look at the level 8 pro series that just came out from discount tire. There are some threads here if you search. Exactly what you are looking for and in two styles to choose. The ring are now metal and I'm sure you could paint or leave as-is with the metal look.

Rocco7927

Subscribed.. I was just considering the same thing this afternoon. I'll be looking forward to see if anyone finds something, if I do I'll post up!

dannymalkin

I just saw that one of their recent posts was what I was looking for but I was hoping that they could provide a comprehensive list with all of the options.

No problem, just wanted to make sure you knew that! Some of them look pretty awesome.

JakeJK

Hey Discount Tire,

BMF wheels makes 2 kinds

Peak

Water Evans just released a simulated beadlock but the rings aren't remove able however the bolts are. So you can grab some painters tape and get the look your looking for with them. I personally really like them and have considered getting them in the past. Here they are, also available in all black.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438662176.872919.jpg

Discount Tire

Thank you for the post, JKRosie.

Like others have pointed out, Level 8 offers two models with removable scratch guards; see the links below for further details. Please note that zinc plated lug hardware, red hub centric rings, and Level 8 Deflator Guage are included with the purchase of four(4) Level 8 Pro Series wheels.

The MB Wheels MB11 is also an option for you. We are currently sold out of this model in 17" so it's not currently displayed on our website but we are expecting replacement inventory within the new couple of weeks. See the link below for details; the 17x9 runs $185.00 per wheel with an instant $50.00 savings with the purchase of a new set.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know :thumb:

Top Bottom