Air Compressor and Air Down Tool

Napalm

ARB makes great on board compressors.

If you are looking to purchase a Winch, the Warn PowerPlant has onboard air as well!

I would like suggestions for a good air compressor and air down tool.

Budget may help some suggestion. I personally like the ARB set ups, unless you want the winch combo then go with the Powerplant. There are tons of tire deflators I've used smittybuilt, ARB, staun, and core removal tools. I personally use a core removal tool now. Just easy, simple and cost about $2.50 plus extra cores :thumb:

07JKSahara

I made my deflators for about $5. It's a chrome valve stem cover with a screw in the end to hold down the stem. Glad to take pics if you want.

For OBA, I have a viair 400 off Craigslist. Its fine for 35s but it would struggle with anything bigger.

Last edited:

dwvninety

I used to carry a PowerTank but just recently (Friday) bought a Warn PowerPlant. I got tired of running to the local welding shop to get it filled.

JeepJeep75

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438662118.423456.jpg
Go for the Warn PowerPlant. It's not cheap, but it works great and it's air output is fantastic. And, you don't have to find a place to mount and wire and plumb a compressor. Brings one of my 33's up from 15 pounds to 35 pounds in 90 seconds. The air down tools are all over Amazon. The valve stem remover types are really fast. 35 down to 15 pounds in about 30 seconds for a 33" tire.

bkac

Caught the Bug
View attachment 157614
Go for the Warn PowerPlant. It's not cheap, but it works great and it's air output is fantastic. And, you don't have to find a place to mount and wire and plumb a compressor. Brings one of my 33's up from 15 pounds to 35 pounds in 90 seconds. The air down tools are all over Amazon. The valve stem remover types are really fast. 35 down to 15 pounds in about 30 seconds for a 33" tire.

I know where you can get a great used 12k powerplant with a synthetic line! ;)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have the arb twin compressor and love it for airing up.

For deflators, I have the arb/currie style which pulls the stem and I do like using that one. I also have a set of the trail ready deflators which I like a little more cuz I can just put one on each tire and just wait for them to hit the set pressure :thumb: (this is my favorite option during winter)

Top Bottom