Wtb: Jeep wrangler unlimited

deezyd

HELP!!!! Looking for a 4 door.. Automatic . Under 75k miles. Will check anything out, color doesn't matter to me. MUST be lifted! My price range is 25k-29k. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GOT! Kind of in a hurry to find one, would like to purchase before winter really starts! Live near Chicago, Illinois. We can figure out shipping, and pick up of vehicle if necessary. If you need to reach me to show me pictures etc.. my number is 1815-295-6394 ...Thanks.. -Derek D :rock:

Last edited:

deezyd

There are a ton out there that meet ur requests. You should have no problem getting one for that price!

Any idea where to look? Been on Ebay, cars.com, and autotrader for weeks but cant find anything just right! Seems like guys want a lot more than their jeeps actually worth!:grayno: This search is killing me! Hope to find something soon!

my_jk

Just keep checking Craigslist the prices are normally flexible. Or just find a stock one for a good price and put your own lift on it. ;)

StrizzyChris

Any idea where to look? Been on Ebay, cars.com, and autotrader for weeks but cant find anything just right! Seems like guys want a lot more than their jeeps actually worth!:grayno: This search is killing me! Hope to find something soon!

There are MANY forums that people are selling them on. A dealership will obviously be the most expensive. Online sites like autotrader will be in the middle, but forums are where its at. People will sometimes still ask for a premium, but for the most part you can find good deals. Go check out the for sale section on this site, also keep and eye on JK-Forum's Jeep recycler page http://www.jk-forum.com/jeep-recycler-117/

When you go to sell urs in a couple years, ullbe happy for that resale value being "a lot more than its worth"

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Mine is for sale but not close to you. Silver 2008 Rubicon Unlimited, 3" Teraflex longarm suspension system, 37" MT/R Kevlars, 17" Raceline beadlocks, 5.13 gears, built front axle with rcv shafts and Evo gussets, plus a few other things. It's a 6 speed manual though. I'm asking $23,500. Just turned over to 75k miles last week.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Mine is for sale but not close to you. Silver 2008 Rubicon Unlimited, 3" Teraflex longarm suspension system, 37" MT/R Kevlars, 17" Raceline beadlocks, 5.13 gears, built front axle with rcv shafts and Evo gussets, plus a few other things. It's a 6 speed manual though. I'm asking $23,500. Just turned over to 75k miles last week.

Road trip! And you will still be well under your budget with a well modded jeep. :clap2:

deezyd

If it was an automatic i'd probably take it off your hands man! Its gotta be auto unfortunately because my wife will also be driving it sometimes...(not alot) and im sure my 17 yr old son will take it out as well. Just looking for a jeep to have on the weekends and such. Do you guys prefer manual over auto though when it comes to jeeps? Thanks for all the replies as well.

StrizzyChris

Do you guys prefer manual over auto though when it comes to jeeps? Thanks for all the replies as well.

100% user preference. Some folks say "its cheating if its auto" but they are FOS! I have always driven a manual YJ and still love it when im back home (Ohio), but I'm in busy cities living 6-9months out of the year and a manual in Los Angeles is like putting ur face on the stove and telling ur friends u like it because its warm. You're lying to urself and everyone else.

On the trail an auto is nice for those certain stall out moments, or burn up a clutch, on a steep grade.

But even then, some guys love it on the trail too. Again its just user preference.

deezyd

100% user preference. Some folks say "its cheating if its auto" but they are FOS! I have always driven a manual YJ and still love it when im back home (Ohio), but I'm in busy cities living 6-9months out of the year and a manual in Los Angeles is like putting ur face on the stove and telling ur friends u like it because its warm. You're lying to urself and everyone else.

On the trail an auto is nice for those certain stall out moments, or burn up a clutch, on a steep grade.

But even then, some guys love it on the trail too. Again its just user preference.

Yea, i figured living so close to the city i'd go with an auto. Got a stick infiniti g37s and bmw m3 but for a family vehicle to just have fun in, im gonna have to stick with an auto! Thanks, i appreciate the help! Found a couple jeeps on the JK forum, but still looking! :rock:

ichthus

Ours had more miles than you want (95k), but would have been a good fit otherwise.

Having lived in Chicago with a manual I will happily tell you that I'd still ONLY buy a manual. If i get to the point where I'm too lazy or too much of a pansy to shift my own gears, I'd sell the Jeep and take the train. That's just me...some don't take the same amount of joy in it that I do.

With your price range, a brand new stock Jeep can be had (albeit with few options). Call Matt Magnuson @ LaPorte Chrysler Jeep and have him look around for you. Since you want an auto, you MUST try to get a 2012 or 13 for the new 5 speed. The old 4-speed is a boat anchor, and the resale value will be a huge benefit when you sell it.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Try a local search on auto trader dot com. You can search by year. Zip code color mileage and keywords like "lifted" hope this helps.

StrizzyChris

Having lived in Chicago with a manual I will happily tell you that I'd still ONLY buy a manual. If i get to the point where I'm too lazy or too much of a pansy to shift my own gears, I'd sell the Jeep and take the train. That's just me...

Pansy to drive an auto? Very bold! I'll just refer to my previous statement about user preference!

Again its just user preference.

With your price range, a brand new stock Jeep can be had (albeit with few options). Since you want an auto, you MUST try to get a 2012 or 13 for the new 5 speed. The old 4-speed is a boat anchor, and the resale value will be a huge benefit when you sell it.

I agree ten folds over again about getting a 12-present, for the transmission AND the 80HP increase with the 3.6 vs the 3.8! BUT you'll never find a Rubicon within budget in those years. So that would be another personal decision of what you want/need. Power and better daily driver experience on hills and passing or accelerating at highway speeds OR out of the box having lockers, D44, sway discos, transfer case and resale of a rubi?

ichthus

I wasn't calling everyone else who drives an auto a pansy, I specifically said "If I ever..." and "that's just ME". If others aren't secure enough in their manhood to be confident slush-box drivers, that's for them to figure out.

I don't remember his original post requiring the Jeep to be a Rubicon, and prior to your post, don't think a Rubi model had been mentioned before. If He's in Chicago, a Rubicon very well might not be the best model for him anyways. Out here in the Midwest, even the rock gardens at the offroad parks are fun in non-Rubi models, and the 4:1 T-Case is a bit deep for the mud and sand that we have all over the place.

ichthus

I was very specific. I said "If I ever..." & "But that's just ME". If you want to infer from that, that all slushbox drivers are pansies, that's on you, not me. You offered the opinion that driving a manual in city traffic was too much of a pain, I simply said I'd rather take the train than drive an auto.

I don't remember him saying he wanted a Rubicon, and don't recall that trim model being mentioned prior to your post.

While the Rubi is great out west in the dessert, this guy is in Chicago. The rock gardens can typically be handled by a non-Rubi Jeep and the Rubicon's 4:1 t-case is a bit deep for most of the mud and sandy dunes we deal with out here in the Midwest. I, personally would rather buy a Sport, keep my payments down and invest the difference in higher quality parts.

Top Bottom