Value on a 2015 jeep rubicon hardrock with dtd, axles, ect

jeeper52

LOSER
Just about to finish the build on my new 2015 jeep rubicon and im thinking about switching gears and selling it. What would be a realistic asking price? It has the following.

Leather/Nav

Evo double throwdown with upgraded king 2.5 rear bypass shocks.
Dana spicer ultimate dana 60 axles
Psc hydro assist
Psc aluminium front and rear fenders
Evo pro series rear bumper and tire carrier with corners
Evo rock sliders
Evo rocker panel armor
Genright front bumper
Warn zeon 9.5
40" toyos
Trail ready bead locks
Arb twin compressor under the hood.
Synergy front tie rod,track bar,drag link
Switch pro's
1350 driveshafts
Artec full skid plate

Im probably forgetting a few things but thats the majority.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Why would you put all that work into it just to sell? Have you even taken it off road?

07JKSahara

You built a VERY specialized jeep. As a starting point, maybe the cost of the jeep - 10% plus half the cost of all your mods. Honestly, not trying to be a jerk but the people who buy these type of rigs have opinions too; whether it be axles, wheels, hoods, tire carriers and are likely not to pay a premium for those parts.

JAGS

Hooked
Why would you put all that work into it just to sell? Have you even taken it off road?

You built a VERY specialized jeep. As a starting point, maybe the cost of the jeep - 10% plus half the cost of all your mods. Honestly, not trying to be a jerk but the people who buy these type of rigs have opinions too; whether it be axles, wheels, hoods, tire carriers and are likely not to pay a premium for those parts.

What they said.

I think it will be hard to get your money back out of it. Especially considering you haven't put any miles on it and gotten any value for yourself.

It has been my experience that adding aftermarket parts or modifying a vehicle usually depreciates it's value not increase it. The only time this doesn't hold true is when you find that needle-in-a-haystack of a buyer.

GLWTS

jeeper52

LOSER
Yeah i definitely couldn't take a loss on it. $80k would be the the lowest id go. Just throwing it out there if someone was looking to buy a jeep and do all the modifications mine has they would be well over 80k so they might be willing to over look a tire carrier or bumper because of the savings.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Yeah i definitely couldn't take a loss on it. $80k would be the the lowest id go. Just throwing it out there if someone was looking to buy a jeep and do all the modifications mine has they would be well over 80k so they might be willing to over look a tire carrier or bumper because of the savings.

Man, for $80k I sure would think that someone could build damn near the same rig and it be brand new.

$40-45k for the Jeep, $17k for Dynatrac axles, and $20k for suspension. They might go a bit over $80k, but then the history is 100% known.

Sorry man and good luck with the sale if you choose to do it.

jeeper52

LOSER
Man, for $80k I sure would think that someone could build damn near the same rig and it be brand new.

$40-45k for the Jeep, $17k for Dynatrac axles, and $20k for suspension. They might go a bit over $80k, but then the history is 100%

Sorry man and good luck with the sale if you choose to do it.

Dont forget about laybor, psc, bumpers, skid plates, wheels tires ect

07JKSahara

I understand where you're coming from. $80k is a lot for a jeep built by someone else. The thing is, we all like jeeps, so we'd buy another one. So they're typically worth more to the owner than anyone else.

07JKSahara

To this point. Maybe the buyer has some deep seeded hatred of Artec for example. For whatever reason.

But.... They will never pay for them if they plan to replace them.

I really do wish you the best if you decide to sell it though. I've watched a lot of the build. Great jeep.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

A Jeep with a Hemi, axles etc just went for 60k on here. Granted, yours is brand new but that is the only thing your Jk has over that one.

In the end it's your choice, not sure why youd start a thread asking for input if you already have a number in mind. List it for what you want and go from there.

Wardell

GLWS, assuming you do decide to sell. Personally, I can't imagine putting the time, money and labour (didn't you install everything yourself?) building up a great Jeep like this just to flip it right away. I'm guessing you like to work on vehicles as a hobby and have another project in mind?

Like the others have said, it will probably be hard for an individual to sell a built up used Jeep for what you're thinking of asking, unless you can line up a buyer that wants those particular mods and has the cash on hand. Mind you, there are shops like Starwood Motors that basiclly do the same thing (with poorer quality components at that) and are able to sell them at an even higher price tag. So who knows. I wouldn't count on breaking even, but you can't if you don't try.

JAGS

Hooked
This is probably the wrong "forum" to ask about the value of a hypothetical jeep not listed for sale yet and is not even done getting modified. We are all way too opinionated in our own ways. Starwood motors (as mentioned) sells a shit ton of built jeeps. They also have a great marketing presence to attract those types of buyers. My guess...those buyers are not on this forum. There is always the chance of finding that one guy willing to pay top dollar out there somewhere, so you never know. If not, piginajeep has already put the first official offer on the table. ;)

BigPrince

I normally avoid being harsh on be Internet (gasp I know) but if you put all that work and money into that jeep and want to sell it as soon as you get done, you did something wrong and you're an idiot.

jeeper52

LOSER
I normally avoid being harsh on be Internet (gasp I know) but if you put all that work and money into that jeep and want to sell it as soon as you get done, you did something wrong and you're an idiot.

Lol wow thanks man! Your judging my build and you haven't even seen it. Everything was Welded in by a professional that has installed plenty of the same lifts that mine has. Plus its currently at the shop having everything gone through to make certain that its ready to go and to make sure nothing was over looked.

BigPrince

Lol wow thanks man! Your judging my build and you haven't even seen it. Everything was Welded in by a professional that has installed plenty of the same lifts that mine has. Plus its currently at the shop having everything gone through to make certain that its ready to go and to make sure nothing was over looked.
No, actually your rig sounds nice. I've read most of your threads as im going a similar direction. With the help of the forum I think you've made some good choices. I'm commenting on you if you sell something that nice before you even wheel it.

Top Bottom