Military Rims

madflyer72

So I am caught in a pickle and would really like your guys opinion/help on finding my dream wheel. Now obviously I would love to make a custom one but I don't have a machine to do it or the pile of money.

So...here is my thought. After spending six years around tanks and trucks in the military I have grown very fond of the simple military Humvee rim.

Here is the standard military rim.

I know people are saying...just buy a stock military rim but there are a few set backs...

1. I enjoy the size of a 17" rim on my jeep. I think a 17" rim looks perfect with a 35" tire.

2. I would have to get a lug converter to change the lug pattern from an eight to a five bolt pattern.

3. I really don't want to be stuck in the rut of dealing with 16.5" military rim size.

The closest ones I could find where these guys but after doing some research...the company that made these rims went out of business...these would also have to have a bolt pattern conversion.

I recently came across the "Jeep Africa" concept vehicle on youtube and really thought the rims on that jeep would look great in black...then I found out that they are jeeps winter rim.

So what am I looking for?

Basically a black 17" rim that is solid looking. I don't need to see the caliper or have 8 spokes. I like my rims basic and to the point.

Just looking for thoughts and feed back.

Check out Trail Worthy Fab they do some cool things (custom bolt patterns) and more with Military H1 wheels. I'm not sure on pricing or anything but I would give them a call. Usually I speak with Andy :thumb:

Top Bottom