Brake fluid is empty! Something rubbed driver/rear brake line.

thedrod

Interesting thing happened. Something rubbed the drivers rear extended brake line to the point where all the fluid leaked out of the brake system.

It isn't close to the tires, it isn't loose and bouncing around.
Anybody have any ideas how this happened?

Jeep is a 2012 JKUR, with a 3in EVO Enforcer and 35x12.5r17 mud grapplers. Backspacing is 4".

IMG_7460.jpg

thedrod

Does this sway bar look shifted to the passenger compared to the rest of yours?

I looked at it pretty closely and it appears to have enough room to rotate without hitting it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does this sway bar look shifted to the passenger compared to the rest of yours?

I looked at it pretty closely and it appears to have enough room to rotate without hitting it.

If you're Jeep is lifted and without a track bar relocation bracket or adjusted track bar, it probably is shifted toward the passenger side. Although, there's really nothing holding your sway bar from shifting side to side. It can happen just from going off roading.

thedrod

If you're Jeep is lifted and without a track bar relocation bracket or adjusted track bar, it probably is shifted toward the passenger side. Although, there's really nothing holding your sway bar from shifting side to side. It can happen just from going off roading.

Understood. There is an evo rear trackbar bracket on this vehicle. You can actually see it in the photo. I'm going to take a closer look when I get out of the office.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Understood. There is an evo rear trackbar bracket on this vehicle. You can actually see it in the photo. I'm going to take a closer look when I get out of the office.

What you can do is use a pry bar to move the sway bar back to center. Then, you can get shaft collars to hold it in place. I've done this on my old TJ and it works well.

swaybar-fix05.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
What you can do is use a pry bar to move the sway bar back to center. Then, you can get shaft collars to hold it in place. I've done this on my old TJ and it works well.

swaybar-fix05.jpg

Never heard of or seen these before. You use them on either JK or haven't had the need?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard of or seen these before. You use them on either JK or haven't had the need?

I have not used them on my JK's but I have been thinking about it as my rear sway bar does tend to drift with big flex. McMaster Carr sells these shaft collars and for pretty cheap.

I have not used them on my JK's but I have been thinking about it as my rear sway bar does tend to drift with big flex. McMaster Carr sells these shaft collars and for pretty cheap.

"Tends"...lol I have to push mine back into place quite often. I may looking into these as well :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked

I've noticed mine drift and I just baby flex in comparison. Didn't think it was a big deal. Probably still not, but this collar may just be a little something to help things stay in place.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"Tends"...lol I have to push mine back into place quite often. I may looking into these as well :thumb:

LOL!! Okay, it flat out does and all the time :crazyeyes:

I just ordered a pair. They cost about $13 a piece but I did get the extra grip ones. Standard collars are cheaper. I'm pretty sure the sway bar is 11/16" DIA and if it works, I'll be sure to post up part numbers. :yup:

I just ordered a pair. They cost about $13 a piece but I did get the extra grip ones. Standard collars are cheaper. I'm pretty sure the sway bar is 11/16" DIA and if it works, I'll be sure to post up part numbers. :yup:

Awesome :thumb: I may be ordering a couple sets. Thanks!

USMC Wrangler

I was about to ask if the diameter is the same from the TJ to the JK. Happily waiting on your findings... :thumb:

I was just about to ask. Thanks for the info!

]

This is an awesome idea!

My front sway bar rubs on the round frame support that goes through the two frame rails. I've ground it down only to have the bar shift more and it still rub. Presently this rub is the only think keeping it centered. Until I do this that is... :)

utiadam

LOSER
This is an awesome idea!

My front sway bar rubs on the round frame support that goes through the two frame rails. I've ground it down only to have the bar shift more and it still rub. Presently this rub is the only think keeping it centered. Until I do this that is... :)

I had the same issue. It was only on the driver side. I ended up cutting that round piece flush with the frame

Top Bottom