Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 187 of 187

Thread: RECOVERY GEAR : A Must Have Before Hitting the Trails

  1. #181
    Addict GraniteCrystal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,708
    Quote Originally Posted by CJW View Post
    Would you recommend the same for a steel line or instead keep it neat and orderly?
    See question and answer above. Already been asked.

  2. #182
    Been Around the Block CJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    See question and answer above. Already been asked.
    You're right. Thanks! Overlooked that.

  3. #183
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    116
    Outstanding thread for a noob such as myself... much appreciated!

  4. #184
    Fresh Catch Tincup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    37
    I just got my warn heavy-duty winching accessory kit from Warn yesterday instead of the white/grey glove i got the new black ones . They had a mail in rebate with purchase of warn winch

    just need to get a winch damper and recovery strap.

    time to practice with the items to familiarize myself with them.

  5. #185
    Addict GraniteCrystal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
    I just got my warn heavy-duty winching accessory kit from Warn yesterday instead of the white/grey glove i got the new black ones . They had a mail in rebate with purchase of warn winch

    just need to get a winch damper and recovery strap.

    time to practice with the items to familiarize myself with them.
    Save some money on winch damper and use a towel, coat, floor mat, etc.

  6. #186
    Hooked Nick Zambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    144
    Moving blankets work well also. It serves as a multi use item winch damper also lay on why doing trail fixes. It is especially good while laying on your back in the winter fixing your jeep. And the best part is they are cheap! That's my two cents.

  7. #187
    Fresh Catch Tincup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Save some money on winch damper and use a towel, coat, floor mat, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zambo View Post
    Moving blankets work well also. It serves as a multi use item winch damper also lay on why doing trail fixes. It is especially good while laying on your back in the winter fixing your jeep. And the best part is they are cheap! That's my two cents.
    Thanks guys for the tip on alternatives to a winch damper.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS