Soft top opinions and or options...

Napalm

The Bestop Trektop NX is one of the best aftermarket tops you can buy. Great top, looks awesome, fits snug. Install the first time is a pAin, but after the first time it's no biggie.

Bestop's customer service and warranty are just about as great as there products. They stand behind everything they sell.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438867766.192676.jpg

Rhin0247

Since my Jeep came with just the hardtop I purchased the TrekTop NX the first day I owned it.... I Love it

Dopey84

I do like the trektop nx pro but for the cost maybe later down the road but not right now... So the trektop nx looks like my number one option as well.

Dopey84

My next question is the twill or black diamond? My Sahara is all rescue green except the bumpers and spare tire mount..

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
+1 on the TrekTop. I'm on my thirs one actually (# 2 2nd gen) and I love it! Originally bought my Jeep with a hard top and after putting on the Trektop, sold my hard top after about a year of it sitting in my garage taking up space. Haven't looked back since! Normally I run just the Safari section of the top w/o the rear windows, but because our daytime high temps are 100+ right now, I need to use my A/C so the windows have been on.

Road/wind noise compared to a hard top is probably about as you'd expect. It's there. So yeah, it's louder, but there's essentially nothing between the material and the outisde to insulate for sound, etc. I originally thought it would bother me, which is why I bought my Jeep with a hard top. Never really wanted a soft top because they tear/leak/noise. But after getting the TrekTop NX.....I don't really care about any of those.

If it were me....I'd obviously look at the TrekTop NX. If you want more traditional styling, the Supertop NX is along the same lines. :beer:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Bestop! Love mine. Passenger panel had tear and they replaced quick. Still waiting on a new header. The only thing I hate is there is no storage for the panels out there. The Bestop Hoss will not work with the NX. I am going to get some felt and a piece of pleather and make my own. I have seen the Rampage and Smittybilt frameless tops on and not too impressed with those.

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
With the green it could really go either way. Since I prefer dark, contrasting colors though, my vote goes to Black Diamond.

Last edited:
Top Bottom