Stock size tires and lift... Hmmm?

Black Beaver

So I've been dying to put my RK stock mod lift on for a while. It's been sitting in my room for a month gathering dust. :sigh: Needless to say I can't swing the money for 35s quit yet. Maybe another 3 months out still. So my question is this. I have 265/70/17 cooper atp tires and pro comp 7005 wheel, want to know what you guys would think. Would it look funny without larger tires? Or should I just wait for the money? I have seen pictures of people that have done it, some look alright and livable with the looks, and other look just horrendous. I do have a teraflex leveling kit right now 1.5". So it would be raised another inch or more. I hear coils give more lift. Attached a few pics of what it looks like now.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438895699.176316.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438895744.161921.jpg

Jk909

I was running stock Rubi rims and tires for a couple of months after my 3" lift and it didn't look bad. I would go for it man

ITLL GO

I say go for it and see what happens. I predict you'll be putting some tires on the old CC asap! If nothing else it will keep you moving forward ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438909111.755154.jpg Evo leaving kit with stock wheels and tires.

Black Beaver

I say go for it and see what happens. I predict you'll be putting some tires on the old CC asap! If nothing else it will keep you moving forward View attachment 158185 Evo leaving kit with stock wheels and tires.

I have a feeling that I will putting tires on very soon if I don't like the looks. We'll see what happen.

What's up again man haha I'm putting my stock mod on tomorrow with my stock wheels and tires! Go for it it'll probably be longer for me to save money for my 35s than you

Everyone keeps telling me to go for it. So I might as well. Probably next weekend. You have to post up some pics when you gets yours on.

JakeJK

I have a feeling that I will putting tires on very soon if I don't like the looks. We'll see what happen.

Everyone keeps telling me to go for it. So I might as well. Probably next weekend. You have to post up some pics when you gets yours on.

Will do, but remember that the stock tires are nearly 33s I think they're like 32.5s

JakeJK

Mine are just a little smaller than stock rubi tires. They measure about 31.5. But I do have a wider stance. So I think it'll look good still.

Yeah I think they'll look good enough for the time being.. The 35 inch tire fund is going to take me a while to accumulate haha

JakeJK

Mine are just a little smaller than stock rubi tires. They measure about 31.5. But I do have a wider stance. So I think it'll look good still.

You could always jack your jeep up 2.5 inches with jacks and if your tires stay on the ground see how it would look

JakeJK

So I've been dying to put my RK stock mod lift on for a while. It's been sitting in my room for a month gathering dust. :sigh: Needless to say I can't swing the money for 35s quit yet. Maybe another 3 months out still. So my question is this. I have 265/70/17 cooper atp tires and pro comp 7005 wheel, want to know what you guys would think. Would it look funny without larger tires? Or should I just wait for the money? I have seen pictures of people that have done it, some look alright and livable with the looks, and other look just horrendous. I do have a teraflex leveling kit right now 1.5". So it would be raised another inch or more. I hear coils give more lift. Attached a few pics of what it looks like now.
View attachment 158166 View attachment 158167

She's done ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438997820.904541.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438997833.532967.jpg

Top Bottom