what's the best cold air intake for my jku

YAEGER83

What's the best cold air intake for my jku? Looking for hp,tq, and mpg gains if anyone knows close to exact numbers?

StrizzyChris

Most CAI systems work best with their exhaust and programmer "systems" to get their REPORTED gains. I dont have personal experience, but tons of people doing these installs of one component and reporting nearly no change. WOL has airraid CAI i believe, so im sure he'll chime in with his experience on gains with it.
One thing i can 100% tell u to save ur money on is a throttle body spacer! Complete waste of money.

StrizzyChris

What about a superchip, or diablosport programmer?

I had superchip programmer and wasn't impressed with its results for every day driving. It was nice for my tire and speedo needs. I think the only real gain that i actually noticed was while crawling. But even that was mild, and could have been a placebo effect. Cant speak on the diablo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, we run the AIRAID on both our JK's and while I like them, any gains we see are very slight. If you want to see real results, you'd need to run headers and a high flow exhaust with one as well. Oh, and yes, a TB spacer is a total waste of money.

Aeraun

YAEGER83 said:
What's a good header exhaust combo for a decent price?

Right now i am running an AFE CAI, exhaust, and TB spacer on my '12 JKU. With the intake and exhaust combo you did feel a difference in pull, but its slight. Don't know what year jk you have but i have not been able to find headers for mine yet, dont think they have produced any, but suggest getting them as well as any improvement will be slight with just intake and exhaust. TB spacer did not do much, but i also think i need a dyno tune to get the full effect of everything but there are also no tunes for the '12s yet. As for a review on the AFE product line, so far i recommend. Easy install, with no problems, not overly expensive, sounds great, and in my opinion worth it. But if you're going to do these mods either wait, or at least keep up on updates for headers and tunes.

Gibbo

I know you guys don't really like'em in USA, (born Alamosa Colorado 50 yrs ago). With the wet season (floods), and the dry season (bull dust), most all 4x4's have snorkels here in Australia. The air up there has less water (when crossing rivers), less dust, and is much cooler than from under the hood, and has a ram air effect which a noticeable performance increase at freeway speeds on hills and when towing. They don't look all that bad do they. Just another point of view. Oh well, when in Rome as they say.

Attachments

• 2012-10-14 14.35.12.jpg
    2012-10-14 14.35.12.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 2012-10-14 13.07.14.jpg
    2012-10-14 13.07.14.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 92

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's a good header exhaust combo for a decent price?

More than price, you should be concerned with the extreme amount of heat that most headers put out. Most will literally melt everything under your hood. I know that Off Road Evolution is currently running RIPP long tube headers now and so far, they seem to be doing better. As far as exhausts go, it's hard to beat a Dynomax Rock Crawler. Reasonably priced and sounds great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you guys don't really like'em in USA, (born Alamosa Colorado 50 yrs ago). With the wet season (floods), and the dry season (bull dust), most all 4x4's have snorkels here in Australia. The air up there has less water (when crossing rivers), less dust, and is much cooler than from under the hood, and has a ram air effect which a noticeable performance increase at freeway speeds on hills and when towing. They don't look all that bad do they. Just another point of view. Oh well, when in Rome as they say.

LOL!! Trust me, there are plenty of people that LOVE snorkels here in the USA. I see them everywhere but, unlike you and the conditions you have, most really don't need them here. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom