Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooper Discoverer STT PRO Above the Treeline

Cooper Discoverer STT PRO Above the Treeline

We put Cooper's new Discoverer STT PRO through the paces this past week on the scenic trails of Ouray, CO at the 9th Annual FJ Summit sponsored by Discount Tire. Those of you that have been to Ouray know that the terrain can change from one corner to the next and high altitude passes demand tires that don't slip. To us, it's a great location to put some new rubber to the test. As an added challenge, it rained nearly every day at the event so our Discoverer STT PRO equipped 2WD Tacoma had it's work cut out, or so we thought anyway.

The silica infused rubber compound provided the necessary grip on wet rocks and the asymmetrical scallops on alternating lugs, combined with the optimized 3-2 tread pattern, delivered solid traction and clean out in the slop. That said, we did find one spot on Imogene Pass that required us to get a little tug (the S-turn towards the top of the trail). The combination of slippery mud, tight turns, 2WD, and an incline was just enough to hold us up. If we would have had 4WD we would have pulled right through it.

In addition, we put approximately 1,000 highway miles on this tire making our way to and from Ouray. The tires tracked well down the road and were responsive to our steering input. There was some road noise present, but this is to be expected from an aggressive tire like this; with the windows up and the radio on, we quickly forgot about any tire noise.

We think Cooper hit the nail on the head with the STT PRO and it is an excellent option to consider for the enthusiast who spends a decent amount of time off-road but still needs on-road reliability and handling. If you're running a set of Discoverer STT PRO tires let us know what you think here; we, as well as Cooper, would love to hear from you.

Click image for 1001x1001 view

Click here for: Cooper Discoverer STT PRO Pricing and Availability

Key Features

• 50% more protection against impact damage than standard two-ply tires through “ARMOR-TEK3®” Carcass Protection
    • Maximum mud traction enabled by asymmetrical scallops on alternating lugs
    • Maintains excellent surface contact on loose terrain while increasing stability and reduced road noise through staggered 3-2 tread pattern
    • Delivers improved wet grip with silca enriched rubber compounding

*weights shown above are of approximate value

For additional write-ups on the Cooper Discoverer STT PRO, check out the links below.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Seriously considering this tire as im looking for a set of 37s. Just curious to why as the 12.5" wide is more expensive than the 13.5". Load range maybe? Very fair price for a nice aggressive looking tire

Yep...next set for sure

Thanks for the comments, guys.

@GregMort13 - I double checked and the 37" pricing is correct. Let us know when you're ready to pull the trigger and we'll take care of you

Useful Links:

Fresh Catch
    Just ordered a set of these with my rims. Odd question, but will discount tire mount them with white lettering on inside right? I didn't specify when I ordered. Thanks for your help discount tire.

Quote Originally Posted by ski313 View Post
    Just ordered a set of these with my rims. Odd question, but will discount tire mount them with white lettering on inside right? I didn't specify when I ordered. Thanks for your help discount tire.
    Thank you for the support, ski313 and yes, we can mount the tires with the white letters to the inside. Just make sure you let the representative you speak with at the store know which way you want the tires mounted

Useful Links:

Fresh Catch
    They are being shipped to me already mounted. Thank you, I will call my salesman back and let him know my preference.

how 'bout export

very annoyed these are not in Europe.........any ideas?
    Just a 2.8 four banger diesel Jk Sahara with aev 2.5 dualsport xt lift and premium bumper and Cooper STT Pro in 33"......

Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    very annoyed these are not in Europe.........any ideas?
    We'd be happy to sell you a set and ship them to a freight forwarder of your choosing here in the U.S. at no additional charge

Useful Links:

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    We'd be happy to sell you a set and ship them to a freight forwarder of your choosing here in the U.S. at no additional charge
    I'll look at the costs but am afraid the freight + taxes are prohibitive......many thanks guys.
    Just a 2.8 four banger diesel Jk Sahara with aev 2.5 dualsport xt lift and premium bumper and Cooper STT Pro in 33"......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast