Winter Wheeling in Texas - 2016 Texas Barnwell Mountain Run(Jan 15th,16th,17th)

Napalm

With the Abundance of New Texas Wayalifers that have joined, I think it's only appropriate that we all get together, get our Jeeps off road, spend some time together and make some new friendship. Nothing like starting 2016 off with a Winter Run through Barnwell Mountain OHV area! I know this run is quiet a ways off, but I'd like to give people time to plan accordingly and be able to make this run. Whether you are from North Texas, South Texas, East Texas, West Texas, or even Oklahoma or Arkansas, Please don't hesitate to sign up.

There are numerous OHV trails in this area that provide a great time for the most experienced wheeler to the person who has there jeep off road for the first time! Over 1,850 acres to explore.

The dates of this run will be: Friday, January 15th, 16th, 17th
The main trail day will be Saturday, The 16th
If it comes to the issue that these dates do not work for anyone, we will change them as needed.

Lodging info
Barnwell Mountain ORV area is Located in Gilmer, TX(known for antiques). Gilmer is located about 1.45hr East of dallas, and about 3.30hr North of Houston(I promise, it'll be worth the trip). It offers several Hotels in the area being:

Executive Inn
920 U.S. Hwy 271 South
Gilmer, TX 75644
903-843-6099

Gilmer Inn
1018 U.S. Hwy 271 South
Gilmer, TX 75644
903-843-3033

There is also Cabin, RV, and tent camping available at BMRA. Spot reservations and Cabin rentals can be found at: bmra.org

Requirments
For this run, I will be seperating us into three groups(Easy, Medium, Hard) So that We can have the most possible people comfortable on there own set of trails. I ask that you please designate yourself to the group that you will feel most comfortable with. Only requirments are:

(1) Front and rear Tow Points (for your safety)

(2) Reccomended(NOT required) Working CB radio. This makes the experience so much more enjoyable and allows you to have even more fun when out on the trail.

REQUIRED:YOU MUST HAVE A VALID TEXAS OHV STICKER
You must have a valid Texas OHV sticker to be able to enter the park. These Stickers can be purchased in multiple areas and BMRA has a small supply of them at there front office for $17. You WILL NOT be able to enter the park and run these trails without it.

Itinerary

We will have a Friday night Meet and Greet between 5pm and 7pm. This will be where everyone can come together, meet with each other, eat and fellowship and have a great time. This will take place at: Swanner's Hamburgers, 620 W Tyler St, Gilmer, TX 75644-2143 I'll leave it up to everyone on there own if they'd like to run trails on Friday, but our official event starts that evening at the meet and greet dinner. There is some disscusion of a possible night run, but that is still in the works.

Saturday(main trail day)
On Saturday, we will meet up at around 7am in (location undetermined) and have a short drivers meeting at APPROXIMATELY 7:30AM. We will then split into our respective groups and head towards the park. I ask that everyone have your Jeeps gassed up and ready to run before the drivers meeting. We will be having lunch on the trail that day so plan accordingly, Also, this is a winter run, so come prepared as such. Its going to be cold, but there's no better way to remedy that then by getting offroad and having some fun

After spending the day on the trails, we will be meeting back up at the original location and getting ready to have a victory dinner at an undecided location yet.

Sunday will be a Tenative trail day for those of you who would like to stick around and have some more fun.

I ask that everyone take care of the environment, stay on the trails, and pick up afterwards. We have a large group representing Wayalife, and I ask that everyone do so respectfully!

I will be starting a list of three groups(EASY, MEDIUM, HARD) And i will also be looking for two other Group leaders. If you are interested in being a group leader, please PM me. Please, select the group that you feel most comfortable with and that your rig is most capable of, and just remember no matter what group that you are in, we will be having FUN! There is NO CAP on this run, and I'd like to have as many Wayalifers as possible attend. So please, tell your friends and have them sign up and give us a wave!!

Easy Group: Easy-Moderate Stock or small lift(Napalm - group leader)

Omega
Pine Hill Run
Solihull
Humdinger
X-Way
Sierra's Skyview
Greenlane
Linda Gail
We Show
Angry Jeep
CM Drive
Desi Way
On Any Sunday

1.drafh

2. Jackal01 + 2

3. Tdougherty81

4. Daverawr

5. RadleyHardey

6. Jeremy

Medium/Medium-hard. Experience required, no stock, 35" up must have lift. (Texas Nick-Group Leader)

Rock Garden
Old Town Trio
Sidewinder
Binder Boulevard
L&B Boulevard
Jeep Hollow
Sunday Cruise
The Politician
Jerry Paul
Horseshoe Gulch
Spider Ravine
Jeep Eater
Claude's Ravine
Fun Country
Twister
Whatever

1.TC2019

2. iRonin

3. Dwvninety

Hard Group Very Hard 35" up, winch required, body protection. (Group leader open)

Scorpion Pass
Weenie World
Venom Loop
DeWoody
Saturday Night Live
Houston Creek
Shake, Rattle & Roll
Wile E. Coyote

Tenative

1. Kumar (Medium)
2. USMC Wrangler(easy)
3. JeepAlexander14(Medium)
4. ShOrtbus (medium-hard)

Thank you for reading and please, if you have any questions whatsoever or have interest in becoming a group leader, please PM me. Continue to watch this original post as well for updating details and/or any changes that may be made to this run.

See ya in January :thumb:

I, Napalm, preserve the right to change, edit, add, or take away any of the information in this post.
headerMain.jpg oct2013b1.jpg 20130727-Barnwell-261.jpg

Last edited:

TC2019

Count me in for the medium group.

I have a sister with a Jeep that isn't on this web site or any for that matter. Would she be welcome to tag along?

Thanks for organizing this.

Last edited:

Napalm

I'm in. I want to be in the easy trail group. Thanks for organizing this.

Glad too. Texas needs a big run :) I've got you added.

Count me in for the medium group.

I have a sister with a Jeep that isn't on this web site or any for that matter. Would she be welcome to tag along?

Thanks for organizing this.

Not a problem! I don't see why not, she's more than welcome. Maybe you could convince her to join ;) I've got you added!

Thanks for yalls interest!

Kumar

It's to early for me to be 100% committed to this, but pencil me in tentatively for medium.

Napalm

Thanks to Texas Nick for stepping up to become a group leader :)

We still have an opening for the Hard group leader.

daverawr

Put me down in the easy group for now. 😁 unless I get the things I want to get done to the car before then, then I might want to be moved into the medium

Napalm

Put me down in the easy group for now.  unless I get the things I want to get done to the car before then, then I might want to be moved into the medium

Please put me down as tentative for medium!

Done! We seem to have alot joining from the Houston area which is GREAT!! Keep a watch on this thread, i'll most likely plan a convey for you guys so you can all travel together hopefully! :)

daverawr

What are you defining as easy medium and hard? Do you have recommended parts for each group?

If it's near the levels of Hidden Falls I would say for easy you would want to atleast get some sliders. Medium. Lift sliders bigger wheels winch etc.
. Hard at your own risk lol.. Haha

Napalm

What are you defining as easy medium and hard? Do you have recommended parts for each group?

Easys will be staying with more scenic and less technical trails while the mediums will be mild challenge. Hard is, well, as hard as you'd like to make it :) a lot to choose from at this park. I'll get things a little more specified as things get closer

If it's near the levels of Hidden Falls I would say for easy you would want to atleast get some sliders. Medium. Lift sliders bigger wheels winch etc.
. Hard at your own risk lol.. Haha

Thanks Dave for explaining!

Top Bottom