First Time Jeeper, Long Time Creeper

ali@home

Hey everyone,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Ali, I live in Los Angeles in the SFV.
I am glad to finally make my first ever post on WOL. As the title says, I am a long time creeper; I feel like I know a lot of the guys/gals on here already so well from posts, videos, and builds but no one knows me. I have kept up with a lot of the builds on here for a long time and have been watching the awesome Wayalife videos for awhile now. I must say you guys have built a great community here, and I am happy to join.

After keeping up on here for so long I have finally purchased my first Jeep, and actually first ever 4WD. I went back and forth for months debating between a sport or a rubicon but I finally decided to pull the trigger last week on a 2015 Tank Green Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I picked it up from Motor Village in DTLA and they made the purchase a breeze I highly recommend them for someone looking to purchase. I opted for the rubicon since its my first offroader and I basically wanted to have it ready to go out and hit some trails of the box. I originally planned to mod it right off the bat, get it on some 37s, and start building up the suspension but I've realized the car is alot more capable than I am as of right now. :cool: So with time I plan on building it up. I want it on 37s soon enough and coilovers one day. Until then I will be doing small mods, some armor, bumpers, and some random accessories. I am open to suggestions on some must haves add ons as well.

Anyways, I look forward to joining the community and doing some trips asap. Ive already gotten it dirty on some random trails and also took it to gorman to get a feel for it. So far loving the new rig. Happy Jeepin' :thumb:

Pictures Below:

The day I got it
IMG_2162.jpg

Hard top off
IMG_2189.jpg

Gorman
IMG_2339.jpg

My little cousin loves it too
IMG_2560.jpg

swazza94

Welcome to WAL From Brisbane, Australia! :standing wave: Was over your way in LA couple of months ago and can't wait to go back!! Good looking rig btw :thumb:

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Haha, you had me at the title and after reading your story I had to laugh to myself bc I was a bit of a creeper before joining the community too lol! I just moved to NorCal but was in Redondo Beach for the past 10 years, lots of really great WAL people down there and plenty of S&Gs to meet more. Definitely pick up some armor underneath if you're going to hold off on the lift for a while. I got a 2.5" budget boost and thee on 35s until I can afford my coilovers myself. It was a cheap setup and has gotten me pretty far. I just did the Rubicon a few weeks ago and it was awesome, but you needed 35s to go. Some of trips on here have minimum requirements FYI. There are so many great people to meet on the trips it's worth it for sure. Plenty of people with no egos just there to make sure we all make it out. Enjoy the build and hope to see you on the trails one day!

MTG

Caught the Bug
TLDR but welcome anyway! :standing wave:

Got to ask though, are those spandex and loafers in the first pic?

ali@home

Welcome to the WAL! Happy Trails.From Anza Ca

Congratulations and welcome to Wayalife!

Welcome to WAL

Welcome to WAL From Brisbane, Australia! :standing wave: Was over your way in LA couple of months ago and can't wait to go back!! Good looking rig btw :thumb:

Welcome to Wayalife! Love the tank color.

Welcome to Wayalife!

Welcome to the family!!

Thanks Everyone!

Haha, you had me at the title and after reading your story I had to laugh to myself bc I was a bit of a creeper before joining the community too lol! I just moved to NorCal but was in Redondo Beach for the past 10 years, lots of really great WAL people down there and plenty of S&Gs to meet more. Definitely pick up some armor underneath if you're going to hold off on the lift for a while. I got a 2.5" budget boost and thee on 35s until I can afford my coilovers myself. It was a cheap setup and has gotten me pretty far. I just did the Rubicon a few weeks ago and it was awesome, but you needed 35s to go. Some of trips on here have minimum requirements FYI. There are so many great people to meet on the trips it's worth it for sure. Plenty of people with no egos just there to make sure we all make it out. Enjoy the build and hope to see you on the trails one day!

hahah yeah this forum has been influencing my purchase for a long time now. My previous car ( which I still own ) is a BMW 5 series also modded but its an entire different car. Thanks for the tips, as you did I will probably first go for a budget boost until I out grow it.

Welcome to Wayalife! I love that color, it'll look great with 37's and some armor.

Congrats and Welcome from neighboring SGV!

Thanks!

Welcome from Santa Clarita!! Since you're near the area and not too far from you, there's a run next Sat the 22nd if you're interested: Rower Flats Aug22nd :)

Awesome!! thanks for the invite, Thats actually on my birthday but let me see what I got going on. I was thinking about hitting Rower Flats but I heard its a little bit on the intermediate side so going with a group will be a better idea.

Welcome to Wayalife:standing wave:

TLDR but welcome anyway! :standing wave:

Got to ask though, are those spandex and loafers in the first pic?

LOL i mean, at least you got the the pictures. Thank you, :cheesy: I was waiting for this comment, no I am not wearing spandex aahha It must just be the way I'm sitting, just regular pants.... but yes pants with loafers.

Top Bottom