Water spots on Mirrors UGH Go Away!

Petthefish

ok So ever since the day we purchased our jeep it has had water spots on the mirrors and well its driving me nuts I have tried vinegar and all kinds of glass cleaners but they are still there. So what do yall use to get rid of water spots on mirrors. Thanks

:eek:

JakeJK

ok So ever since the day we purchased our jeep it has had water spots on the mirrors and well its driving me nuts I have tried vinegar and all kinds of glass cleaners but they are still there. So what do yall use to get rid of water spots on mirrors. Thanks

Just wash the car with soap like normal but use windex before the mirrors dry, works for me

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Try polishing them with the polish you'd use to polish the Jeep. If that doesn't work, a very fine scratch remover/compound would work.

LasVegasJK

This is what I use. The water where I live has a lot of minerals in it, so if I wait too long, I have to clean them twice. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439304996.906177.jpg

quertyman

Aren't you talking about the plastic of it? Not the glass? I think everyone thinks you are talking ablout the glass.:confused:

BPA

This is pretty extensive but he shows how to get it clean (should work on both glass/mirrors):

Last edited:

Petthefish

Aren't you talking about the plastic of it? Not the glass? I think everyone thinks you are talking ablout the glass.:confused:

I was talking about the mirror itself not the black plastic sorry if I did not make that clear haha get it clear lmao sorry

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would try a clay bar if you can, I think I have done that before to get off super stubborn spots on glass. I have very hard water at my house which makes it a pain to clean things.

The rear-view mirrors are plastic and not glass (at least mine are). And thankfully, as I've had a few rocks fling out of the rear tires and pelt them only leaving a small nick.

I have always had luck by drying immediately after washing them. A long soak with foaming glass cleaner will help to soften the water spots for cleaning. If that doesn't work I would suggest a plastic restorer like the stuff used to remove the yellow from headlights.

Top Bottom