Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

USMC Wrangler

This thread is being started to keep the list of who's going and who's waiting organized. All of us thank Napalm for getting this started!!! The original thread can be found at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?28603-Texas-Hidden-Falls-Adventure-Park-Trek-October-2nd-3rd.

I will update the list as needed, monitoring daily.

Texas Hidden Falls Newbie Run

Calling all TX Wayalifers!

We will be camping Friday night inside the park and then running trails all day Saturday. This trip is a Newbie Run trip but we will have fun!! We will have a short meeting prior to departing for the trail-head Saturday morning involving spotter tips, disconnecting sway bars, and airing down tires for those that need assistance with it.

This will be a BEGINNER run with mostly stock Jeeps. The trails we will be doing will be very mild, more scenic trails (WITH BYPASSESS). We must all be patient with each other, learn and have fun. We have one main trail attraction for the day, and if we are able to finish that one with still plenty of daylight left, we will have some bonus/more technical trails. None of us will be here to prove anything, just to have fun. No one should be ashamed to take a bypass or say no to an obstacle, and we are all here to help each other have fun and get home safe!

ITINERARY

FRIDAY

Between 4PM-5PM, We will be meeting at the Marble Falls Walmart supercenter parking lot. This will be where our convoy will come together! My wife (or myself) will be snapping pictures of everyone with there rigs so that, #1 we will have an awesome photo album of the trip for Wayalife, and 2 so everyone can have pictures of there family with their rigs. At about 5pm we will be departing Walmart heading over to "Holy Smokes! BBQ" for our welcome dinner, that way everyone can get to know each other and fellowship.

At about 6PM-6:30PM, We will then convoy to Hidden falls where everyone can pay park entrance fees and we can set up camp. We will have a great time camping and enjoying the stars and games.

SATURDAY (TRAIL DAY)

We ask that you be ready for a Drivers meeting at 6:30AM (subject to change). In this meeting, we will cover sway bar disconnecting, airing down tires, discussing spotting, answering any questions, and checking over our rigs. At 7AM sharp, we will be headed out for the first trail of the day.

TRAILS - UPDATED ON 09/12/2015

See iRonin's (George) post on the planned trails at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?29760-Updated-Texas-Hidden-Falls-Adventure-Park-Newbie-Run-Oct-2nd-3rd&p=572193&viewfull=1#post572193

Any remaining time after the above trails will be spent on some more technical trails and will be purely up to each person.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Please have a working CB radio, starting off on Channel 4 (subject to change if it's too cluttered by others)

2. Rocker Protection(Rubi Rails, any type of slider)

3. A great attitude and patience. Some of the trail leaders that have volunteered are newbies to that too. We should all plan to stay with our groups, have a ton of fun and learn plenty.

When you post up as going, Please post a picture of your rig so we know what to look for!!

Hope to see you on the trail soon!

TRAIL LEADERS
1. iRonin + wife (camping) George
2. radleyhardy
3. daverawr + girlfriend and dogs (camping) Dave
4. Kumar + wife and 2 kiddos (camping) Shan (Pronounced Sean, Shawn, or Shaun)

GROUP 1:

1. Jackal01+ wife & Pup(Camping)

2. tdougherty81+ wife and 2 kiddos maybe(Camping) Tom

3. SmokinV10

4. Hobolobo + 2 (camping) Brad

5. Jegar Giovanna plus Husband, Harry

6. longhorn1045

7. Matt_TX_NY

8. BobbyGTX + 1 camping

9. cjmenma and wife (camping) Carlos

10. Lukasd

GROUP 2

1. Granite-head and Mrs. Granite-head

2. DWiggles +1 (camping) David/Dave

3. jpat30 +1 (camping) Jeremy

4. Texas Nick + 4 Nick

5. holaCG + 1-2 (camping)

6. Drafh (Cabin) Angela

7. LoneStarRox Andrew

8. Beach-Bum

OFFICIAL PICTURE TAKER/BEER DRINKER

1. Angry Aussie Ian

WAITING LIST

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I went through the old thread, trying to ensure the list is correct. Please speak up if I have something wrong!

Here's a couple pics of my Jeep for the new thread...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439378523.534314.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439378558.207464.jpg

@tdougherty81 - I saw that your bro-in-law wants to join in the other thread. He will have to go on the waiting list for now.

Last edited:

tharb5111

I went through the old thread, trying to ensure the list is correct. Please speak up if I have something wrong!

Here's a couple pics for the new thread of my Jeep...

View attachment 159834 View attachment 159835

@tdougherty81 - I saw that your bro-in-law wants to join in the other thread. He will have to go on the waiting list for now.

nice jku flex shot usmc. Looking good.

Btw thanks for picking this up and keeping the ball rolling. Was worried this trip was gonna fall apart after Napalm dropped off.

Appreciate it.

USMC Wrangler

I'm glad to help to keep the trip alive! :yup: I'm still bummed Onyx is sold and Napalm won't be out there in a Jeep with us. As I've mentioned, probably too many times, I've never gone on a trip like this before. I don't have any real "trails" nearby. They are mostly dirt roads as you see in those pics. I am really looking forward to this and celebrating (hopefully) cooler weather by then.

Thanks for the compliments! :thumb: I'm not heavily modded (yet) but what I have done is practical for me and my budget right now.

iRonin

Took a second to run through the confirmed folks to get a feel for what we'll be working with:

Jackal01
- Silver JKU Sport on 35s
tdougherty81
- Red JKU Sport on 32s
SmokinV10 **
- Black JKU Rubi on 40s
USMC Wrangler
- White JKU Sport on 33s
Kumar
- Copper JK Rubi on 35s
Hobolobo (Bumble)
- White JKU Rubi on 32s
Tharb5111
- Anvil JKU Willys on 32s
Atxbold
- Anvil JKU Rubi on 32s
Drafh
- Red JK Sport on 33s
CCTX50
- White JKU Rubi on 32s

Feel free to correct any mistakes - also I can't quite tell from the pic what Drafh has (no badging) and if those are 33s or 35s - you should take a second to update the "My Rig" section of your profile :thumb:

Also while I'm thinking of it, here's a few more convenience items I recommend adding to the packing list if folks can manage it:
  • 18/19mm ratchet/socket and wrench: Useful for connecting/disconnecting your sway bar if you don't have quick-disconnects or don't have a Rubicon. I will have tools as well as a backup but it would speed things up if folks had their own. (A 19mm is a good socket to have anyways because it doubles as the size you use in conjunction with your wheel lock for changing tires)
  • Zip ties - 40-50lbs+ is good but the more important part is getting ones that are a little longer (6"+) - also directly related to the sway bars for tucking them away after we disconnect, but useful in may other ways on the trail :)
  • Trash bags - Some folks have the ones that hang off the rear spare tire; I just bring a regular black garbage bag to collect trash and cinch it up with a bungee
  • Handy Wipes - These are amazing for Hidden Falls given the high dust content.
  • Jugs-o-Water - This is beyond your basic drinking water. I always try to bring a couple cheap gallons (I get the ones with the plastic spouts) for rinsing hands, sunglasses, etc.
  • Tire gauge w/deflator - If your Jeep doesn't have the TPMS feature that will tell you the current tire pressure, you'll want to pick up a decent analog one. I recommend one like the ARB that has a built-in deflator button which makes it easy to air down. Again, I'm sure we'll have a few there to pass around, but it will speed things up and they are a must-have piece of gear for day-to-day living with a Jeep :)
  • Shade - Folks that are planning on going topless should really consider getting some kind of overhead shade (spiderwebshade, etc) - it may not feel bad driving around town with the top off but at hidden falls with this hot weather that sun will absolutely cook down on you and yours, especially if we're running mostly trails that avoid trees
  • Bandana/Schampa - If you're running no doors and are sensitive to the dust, these help as a quick pull-up for easy breathing. We'll be doing our best to move slow enough to not kick much up, but it helps :)

Just some ideas! :beer:

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

^^^Good stuff!

Yep, you got it right on my setup. The 255/80R17's measure 32.5" when aired up for pavement. So far I've only dropped them to 20 PSI for my comfort zone off pavement.

My factory front links are 18mm and I keep a ratchet and wrench for those plus a small HF toolset in the Jeep. I tend to raid my large toolbox for trek's off pavement, so I should have extra's as well. (I'm not sure if other years/models are 19mm???) I will also have my Viair 400P, a couple bags of recovery gear with me, 4-way lug wrench, zip ties, hi-lift, tire repair kit, four extra valve stems, trash bags, handy wipes, water, Mechanix gloves, etc.

The hard top will stay on for this trip. I can't swing a soft top right now. The trail doors are coming along in the non-offroad trailer with those Salt Armour dust masks for everyone in my rig.

atxbold

-sigh- so the PM from Bryan reminded me to remind the GF about this trip. And she subsequently reminded me that we have Austin City Limits tickets for that weekend. When I suggested I go Friday night and Sunday but wheel with u guys on Saturday I got "the glare". I thought it was a very reasonable compromise......

Unfortunately I'm going to have to give up my spot. Thanks though. If anyone is going to go any other weekend please hit me up.

daverawr

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439594778.526567.jpg
Still in. But shouldn't I have been moved up to the top 10 since I was next on the waiting list and Napalm is out now ? 35s and 2" spacer lift. Winch and snatch strap as incase needed

USMC Wrangler

-sigh- so the PM from Bryan reminded me to remind the GF about this trip. And she subsequently reminded me that we have Austin City Limits tickets for that weekend. When I suggested I go Friday night and Sunday but wheel with u guys on Saturday I got "the glare". I thought it was a very reasonable compromise......

Unfortunately I'm going to have to give up my spot. Thanks though. If anyone is going to go any other weekend please hit me up.

Sorry you can't make it, but thanks for posting up.

View attachment 159893
Still in. But shouldn't I have been moved up to the top 10 since I was next on the waiting list and Napalm is out now ?

Napalm was listed as one of the trail leaders and not included in the original 10. I'll move you up now since atxbold had to drop out. Will it just be you in your Jeep?

BradsTj

I'm interested in going, just not positive I'll be able to yet... Army life is unpredictable. But it would be me and maybe my girlfriend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439597818.590892.jpg

Top Bottom