Soft top question

jkwebbie

Has anyone ever took their soft top down with the back window still on and the side windows off? I've always wondered if it would damage the rear window or not.

JakeJK

Has anyone ever took their soft top down with the back window still on and the side windows off? I've always wondered if it would damage the rear window or not.

how would you go about doing that? You have to fold the corners up

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

You would prob crease it really bad after a couple times or if you left it down for to long. I would just take the extra 30 seconds it takes to remove it and not risk messing it up more

Hesco22

I did that a lot with my old two door. Never had any trouble but that's a lot less weight then say a four door top.

Brent McCartney

My salesman said to roll it up first then put top down, I have done it a few times not sure on long term affects of it being rolled up in the loops under the top, I have never read anything about doing it like that anywhere else.

chipper

I wouldn't leave the back window in mine. I think it would mess it up, to many creases. I've rolled mine up and dropped the top. And that seemed fine

jkwebbie

You would prob crease it really bad after a couple times or if you left it down for to long. I would just take the extra 30 seconds it takes to remove it and not risk messing it up more

Well my back window is a bitch to get back on, it literally takes me like 20 minutes to get it back on lol.

I wouldn't leave the back window in mine. I think it would mess it up, to many creases. I've rolled mine up and dropped the top. And that seemed fine

I totally forgot about rolling my window up. I think I'll have to start doing that

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I do it all the time. Did it on the CJ7, 2 door JK and my current JKU. I zip the sides of the back window up, roll it up and secure it with the supplied stretchy loops. Take off the side windows and take the top down. I've never had an issue with anything. It doesn't sit as low as when you take the window out, but not enough to notice or make a difference unless your using a soft top cover.

Jeeplife101

I always do that for the same reason, it's a bitch to get it zipped back on. All you have to do is just roll the back window up and secure it with the straps before folding too back as usual.

Top Bottom