Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thule AeroBlade Cross Bars & Rhino-Rack XTray Cargo Basket for Our Jeep Renegade

Cool Thule AeroBlade Cross Bars & Rhino-Rack XTray Cargo Basket for Our Jeep Renegade

While Cindy and I were hoping that the first mods for Renny, our new Jeep Renegade would be rocker guards or maybe small lift and bigger tires, the need to carry more cargo had a way of moving it's way to the top of the list. And, after doing a lot of research and looking around to see what's available, we decided to order up Thule AeroBlade EDGE Roof Rack Cross Bars as well as a small Rhino-Rack XTray Roof Top Cargo Basket. Here are a few shots that we took of what they look like as well as what they look like installed.

We ordered up our Thule AeroBlade EDGE Roof Rack Cross Bars (Part #7503B) in black and from the Rack Outfitters. We also ordered them with a set of 4 locks. Here's a shot of what they look like.

Here are a few overall shots of what they look like installed on our Jeep Renegade.

Here are some shots of the Rhino-Rack XTray Roof Top Cargo Basket that we got all assembled and ready to be mounted to the Thule cross bars.

Here are a few over all shots of what the Rhino-Rack XTray looks like installed on our Jeep Renegade.

For those of you who are interested in a set of roof rack cross bars, what I can tell you is that the Thule AeroBlade EDGE bars are super quite. Cindy and I took videos from the inside of our Jeep Renegade before and after the installation of them and when we get a chance to post them up, I think you will see that there really is little to no difference in wind noise even at 75 MPH. We also did a video after installing our Rhino-Rack XTray cargo basket and, while there's no way of getting around it making noise, I think you will find that it really isn't so bad. Certainly, the whole setup is still way more quite than our Jeep Wranglers ever were right from the factory and without any modifications to them.

Overall, we are very happy with the look, sound and function of this setup and will be testing it out on a 3,000 road trip at the end of the month. I will be sure to report how they hold up.

The rack looks good! Are you taking a road trip to Alaska? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moochie View Post
    The rack looks good! Are you taking a road trip to Alaska? Lol
    LOL! I wish. We're gonna help Andrew move out west. He's gonna leave most of his stuff behind but still needed a bit more cargo capacity for what he will be bringing with him.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Sweet overlander rack !
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Looks great!
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Fresh Catch
    Ya, but it's not "expo white" so you should be ok. Lol

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - Thanks! Now all I need is a snorkel, floppy hat, khaki pants, some expensive kitchen gear and an superior attitude and I can be cool
    A rooftop tent would be nice. Less things to carry inside

Fresh Catch
    I'm liking this rack, spaces to add some lights.

https://jet.com/product/detail/278fa...dpa:ocpm:na:4#

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast