Hi lift jacks

Rodeo_jk

What are some unique uses youve found or heard of for your hi lift Jacks, aside from just lifting? Ive used mine as a jack and as a Cumalong winch. What else can these handy little tools do?

metalic

We've used them to upright a flopped jeep that was on a hill where we couldn't get a jeep to easily for winching.

Rodeo_jk

Ive heard of people using them for improised log splitters by mounting a blade where the upper clamp goes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of people use them as a cool Jeep swag-like emblems. :0)

:cheesy: Yeah, I see this a lot. That, or I see them cranking they dangerously high in the air just to change a tire.

Of the 2 Hi-Lifts I have, I pretty much use them to break tires from my bead locks. Outside of that, they pretty much collect dust in my garage :yup:

Moochie

7 years old & still in brand new condition. Never been used. :)
Lives in my garage next to my broom and rake.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439844408.190269.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
As dumb teenagers we used to use them (improperly) to get vehicles unstuck by intentionally pushing the vehicle off of the jack. Never again. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I grew up on a cattle ranch and they come in handy at times. But I second what others said before.
They are dangerous!
I would rather stack rocks or use my winch to get unstuck because it is so much safer.

JohnnyD

Somehow I'm thinkin a hydraulic type is safer but probably not...and the functionality is reduced as some use cases not available with this type....but for the 40$ I paid definitely has a place in my tool kit...keeps Jack out of my work zone underneath

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439918756.497722.jpg

JohnnyD

Who makes that jack?

Harbor freight special...

Let's call it 50$ because you have to get a lift point for the thimble end which 5/8...so I got a 5/8 to 3/4 stud basically from tractor supply, it's sturdy and extends to 42 or 43

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Somehow I'm thinkin a hydraulic type is safer but probably not...and the functionality is reduced as some use cases not available with this type....but for the 40$ I paid definitely has a place in my tool kit...keeps Jack out of my work zone underneath

View attachment 160609

That is nice.
They definitely have a place and for that price- pretty cool

groovebus

The only time I've actually needed one, I used someone else's. I was high centered on a rock, rested the whole Jeep on the skid plate cross member. Couldn't move it forward or back. Had to use a Hi-lift with the tire adapter. Lifted each front tire to put rocks under it, then just backed up. I bought one right after that and haven't needed it since. :)

I keep mine in the cargo area so I don't look like a poser.

Top Bottom