Maze's slow cj 7 restoration

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Subscribed. My brothers and I restored a CJ7 twenty years ago.

We still share ownership of it.
That thing can wheel awesome

James5454

Awesome. My dad bought it within a month of when I was born. So he gave it to me. It has a lot of issues. I have to build a transmission. Buy a new engine. I'm changing the gearing to 4:10. Putting a 258 with a built up t-176. 4" lift with 33's and 1.5" wheel spacers. Air conditioning and fuel injection. I'm tearing apart the transfer case now to rebuild. Gotta buy the fiancé a vehicle before I can unload a lot of money on it and getting a lot of specialty tools and get a building. Definitely wanna put a lot of time and money into this thing

James5454

Thanks. I definitely will keep the updates coming. It will be slow at the start but once it starts it will definitely be moving quick. I'm already excited to be driving it.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Awesome. My dad bought it within a month of when I was born. So he gave it to me. It has a lot of issues. I have to build a transmission. Buy a new engine. I'm changing the gearing to 4:10. Putting a 258 with a built up t-176. 4" lift with 33's and 1.5" wheel spacers. Air conditioning and fuel injection. I'm tearing apart the transfer case now to rebuild. Gotta buy the fiancé a vehicle before I can unload a lot of money on it and getting a lot of specialty tools and get a building. Definitely wanna put a lot of time and money into this thing

It will be worth it.

That's cool that it's as old as you are.

Here's my CJ7.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439939922.570103.jpg

James5454

That looks great. It's nice to see when people bring back older jeeps. They were the best in my opinion

Thruxton865

Good luck to you, it will be awesome. My favorite jeep was a Levi addition CJ my dads friend had in Alaska. White with blue stripes. It had a v-8 and side pipes with denim looking seats. Sorry I had a flash back.

Top Bottom