How to best fit my 35 km2s?

tharb5111

I need help as I'm confused which way to proceed to get my 35 bfgs to.fit with minimal lift.

I have narrowed it down to three options:

1) level kit, chopped fenders, 2 inch.rear bump stops.

2) bumpstops in the 2.5 tf budget boost with rancho 9000 or

3) 2.5 budget boost with my stock rubicon shocks?

Which way is.better?

Unknowns I need guidance on:

Will I need exhaust extensions for my 2014 jku with any or all of these options? Or is the 2.5 kits low enough for this to work without the extension?

Adjust trackbars and lower adj control arms not needed?

Doing this to clear 35x12.5x17 km2s.

If I go with budget boosts Will i still need to.trim fenders flat or will bumpstops in bb kit keep stuffed tires out of.fenders?

Thanks for helping.

Black Beaver

You don't need exhaust spacers with a leveling kit. But any higher you will. I ran a teraflex leveling kit without them for a year. But now I have a 2.5" lift and you need then. I would say just get a budget boost, chop fenders, and you will be good to go.

tharb5111

You don't need exhaust spacers with a leveling kit. But any higher you will. I ran a teraflex leveling kit without them for a year. But now I have a 2.5" lift and you need then. I would say just get a budget boost, chop fenders, and you will be good to go.

Thanks man. Since budget boost is 2.5 I guess I'll just instal the tf exhaust spacers. Looks time consuming but not too difficult.

Would you run the rubi shocks with the extensions our would you get a set of rancho 9000s? I've heard great things about the 9000s.

Thanks again.

Black Beaver

Thanks man. Since budget boost is 2.5 I guess I'll just instal the tf exhaust spacers. Looks time consuming but not too difficult.

Would you run the rubi shocks with the extensions our would you get a set of rancho 9000s? I've heard great things about the 9000s.

Thanks again.

If your on a budget then the extensions will work just fine. But if you don't mind throwing a little extra money then get new shocks with it. Rancho or bilstiens are great shocks. I have the bilstiens with my RK stock mod kit and they are great.

Just be warned about the exhaust spacers, hit those bolts with some pb blaster and let them sit for a minute. Mine on my '14 were really rusted and I broke the head off of two bolts. And there is no way to get a screw extractor up there that I found.

Jk909

You shouldn't need more than a budget boost. Bfg's run small. My 34" nittos 285/75r17 are the same size as a bfg km2 35 which only measures 33" mounted

tharb5111

If your on a budget then the extensions will work just fine. But if you don't mind throwing a little extra money then get new shocks with it. Rancho or bilstiens are great shocks. I have the bilstiens with my RK stock mod kit and they are great.

Just be warned about the exhaust spacers, hit those bolts with some pb blaster and let them sit for a minute. Mine on my '14 were really rusted and I broke the head off of two bolts. And there is no way to get a screw extractor up there that I found.

Thanks for tip on getting those bolts out. I'll hit them with blaster first.

JakeJK

What exactly is the exhaust spacer?

Edit: nevermind I watched a video on it

Last edited:

CamBam925

Thanks again.

I just did exhaust spacers a month ago, not time consuming at all, just make sure you have the right tools to do the job. An air hammer to break the spot weld will really save some time, took me 30 min with a hammer and chisel. Make sure to use some wd40 or something to lube the exhaust to slide back. I also used a ratchet strap to help pull it back as I twisted it back and forth. Worth the $30 for the peace of mind that I won't burn the boot.

tharb5111

I just did exhaust spacers a month ago, not time consuming at all, just make sure you have the right tools to do the job. An air hammer to break the spot weld will really save some time, took me 30 min with a hammer and chisel. Make sure to use some wd40 or something to lube the exhaust to slide back. I also used a ratchet strap to help pull it back as I twisted it back and forth. Worth the $30 for the peace of mind that I won't burn the boot.

What year is your jeep? From what I am reading my 2014 jku exhaust won't allow the tf spacer or rugged ridge spacer to fit without cutting an inch off the exhaust.

I don't know what I'm getting myself into here a I'm hearing mixed things out there about this exhaust mod. Also hear it rubs and rattles against frame after being moved?

Hmmm.

Jk909

You won't need the spacer with a budget boost. I run the spacer because I have a 3" lift. You should be fine at 2.5"

CamBam925

What year is your jeep? From what I am reading my 2014 jku exhaust won't allow the tf spacer or rugged ridge spacer to fit without cutting an inch off the exhaust.

I don't know what I'm getting myself into here a I'm hearing mixed things out there about this exhaust mod. Also hear it rubs and rattles against frame after being moved?

Hmmm.

I have a 2015. Mine has no rattles or rubbing at all, you just need to check that your exhaust isn't touching any where before you tighten everything up. (Watch the video for detailed locations to check)

I used this video and metalcloak written instructions to put mine in.

http://youtu.be/s2CQD68LHSg

Attachments

• 1440090578207.jpg
    1440090578207.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 46

tharb5111

You won't need the spacer with a budget boost. I run the spacer because I have a 3" lift. You should be fine at 2.5"

Ok. Thank you. The reason I wondered if I really needed it was the terraflex budget boost says it requires their exhaust extension part with their 2.5 budget boost.

Now I see why mopar includes the new drive shaft with their new 2 inch crate lift kit. Seems to be a work around the exhaust problem.

Thanks again.

tharb5111

I have a 2015. Mine has no rattles or rubbing at all, you just need to check that your exhaust isn't touching any where before you tighten everything up. (Watch the video for detailed locations to check)

I used this video and metalcloak written instructions to put mine in.

http://youtu.be/s2CQD68LHSg

Awesome to hear. Thanks for link. I'll check it out. Thinking I may just instal it since I'll have to do it someday anyway. Might as well get it done.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I run a 2.5 inch coil lift with factory un cut fender flares, factory wheels with a 1.5 inch spydertrax spacer behind them, 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, no exhaust spacer, factory rubi shocks with shock extensions.

Instead of doing an exhaust spacer, I would do an aftermarket front driveshaft as that will help you out more in the long run. If you go more than 2.5 inches it will be needed anyways. To do the front driveshaft you will need at minimum adjustable lower control arms.

You should be able to run up to a 2.5 inch budget boost with rubicon shocks and extensions and nothing else without having any problems.

tharb5111

I run a 2.5 inch coil lift with factory un cut fender flares, factory wheels with a 1.5 inch spydertrax spacer behind them, 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, no exhaust spacer, factory rubi shocks with shock extensions.

Instead of doing an exhaust spacer, I would do an aftermarket front driveshaft as that will help you out more in the long run. If you go more than 2.5 inches it will be needed anyways. To do the front driveshaft you will need at minimum adjustable lower control arms.

You should be able to run up to a 2.5 inch budget boost with rubicon shocks and extensions and nothing else without having any problems.

That sounds great. I am really leaning toward the budget boost with Rubi shocks at this point. I can't afford a new drive shaft now, and control arms will have to be added to the list fit next year. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear I may not need to trim fenders with budget boost. I was thinking of someday adding rancho 9000 but wasn't sure if they are too long acc would cause springs to unseat.

A lot to consider for sure.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
That sounds great. I am really leaning toward the budget boost with Rubi shocks at this point. I can't afford a new drive shaft now, and control arms will have to be added to the list fit next year. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear I may not need to trim fenders with budget boost. I was thinking of someday adding rancho 9000 but wasn't sure if they are too long acc would cause springs to unseat.

A lot to consider for sure.

If I remember right the proper length aftermarket shocks won't always cause the springs to un seat but can cause them too. Shocks that are too long obviously will cause them to un seat and spring retainers well help with that but getting the proper length shock is key. Proper length shock may still require spring retainers or it might be wise anyways if your flexing it a lot on the trail.

The aftermarket shocks will generally give more droop based on them being longer and usually the issue is the front driveshaft will contact the exhaust. That's the main issue I believe.

Somebody with more experience with it might chime in.

tharb5111

If I remember right the proper length aftermarket shocks won't always cause the springs to un seat but can cause them too. Shocks that are too long obviously will cause them to un seat and spring retainers well help with that but getting the proper length shock is key. Proper length shock may still require spring retainers or it might be wise anyways if your flexing it a lot on the trail.

The aftermarket shocks will generally give more droop based on them being longer and usually the issue is the front driveshaft will contact the exhaust. That's the main issue I believe.

Somebody with more experience with it might chime in.

I guess what I'm after is a budget boost. However I wonder if adding rancho 9000s to the 2.5 budget boost would unseat the rubi springs or if the 2.5 inch puck has enough to hold it in place?

Top Bottom