Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to best fit my 35 km2s?

Been Around the Block

How to best fit my 35 km2s?

I need help as I'm confused which way to proceed to get my 35 bfgs to.fit with minimal lift.

I have narrowed it down to three options:

1) level kit, chopped fenders, 2 inch.rear bump stops.

2) bumpstops in the 2.5 tf budget boost with rancho 9000 or

3) 2.5 budget boost with my stock rubicon shocks?

Which way is.better?

Unknowns I need guidance on:

Will I need exhaust extensions for my 2014 jku with any or all of these options? Or is the 2.5 kits low enough for this to work without the extension?

Adjust trackbars and lower adj control arms not needed?

Doing this to clear 35x12.5x17 km2s.

If I go with budget boosts Will i still need to.trim fenders flat or will bumpstops in bb kit keep stuffed tires out of.fenders?

Thanks for helping.

You don't need exhaust spacers with a leveling kit. But any higher you will. I ran a teraflex leveling kit without them for a year. But now I have a 2.5" lift and you need then. I would say just get a budget boost, chop fenders, and you will be good to go.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beaver View Post
    You don't need exhaust spacers with a leveling kit. But any higher you will. I ran a teraflex leveling kit without them for a year. But now I have a 2.5" lift and you need then. I would say just get a budget boost, chop fenders, and you will be good to go.
    Thanks man. Since budget boost is 2.5 I guess I'll just instal the tf exhaust spacers. Looks time consuming but not too difficult.

Would you run the rubi shocks with the extensions our would you get a set of rancho 9000s? I've heard great things about the 9000s.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tharb5111 View Post
    Thanks man. Since budget boost is 2.5 I guess I'll just instal the tf exhaust spacers. Looks time consuming but not too difficult.

Would you run the rubi shocks with the extensions our would you get a set of rancho 9000s? I've heard great things about the 9000s.

Thanks again.
    If your on a budget then the extensions will work just fine. But if you don't mind throwing a little extra money then get new shocks with it. Rancho or bilstiens are great shocks. I have the bilstiens with my RK stock mod kit and they are great.

Just be warned about the exhaust spacers, hit those bolts with some pb blaster and let them sit for a minute. Mine on my '14 were really rusted and I broke the head off of two bolts. And there is no way to get a screw extractor up there that I found.

You shouldn't need more than a budget boost. Bfg's run small. My 34" nittos 285/75r17 are the same size as a bfg km2 35 which only measures 33" mounted

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk909 View Post
    You shouldn't need more than a budget boost. Bfg's run small. My 34" nittos 285/75r17 are the same size as a bfg km2 35 which only measures 33" mounted
    Great thank you.

Been Around the Block
    If your on a budget then the extensions will work just fine. But if you don't mind throwing a little extra money then get new shocks with it. Rancho or bilstiens are great shocks. I have the bilstiens with my RK stock mod kit and they are great.

Just be warned about the exhaust spacers, hit those bolts with some pb blaster and let them sit for a minute. Mine on my '14 were really rusted and I broke the head off of two bolts. And there is no way to get a screw extractor up there that I found.
    Thanks for tip on getting those bolts out. I'll hit them with blaster first.

How to best fit my 35 km2s?

What exactly is the exhaust spacer?

Edit: nevermind I watched a video on it
    Last edited by JakeJK; 08-19-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJK View Post
    What exactly is the exhaust spacer?

Edit: nevermind I watched a video on it
    Yeah you don't have to worry about it. It's just for the 2012s and newer.

Quote Originally Posted by tharb5111 View Post

Thanks again.
    I just did exhaust spacers a month ago, not time consuming at all, just make sure you have the right tools to do the job. An air hammer to break the spot weld will really save some time, took me 30 min with a hammer and chisel. Make sure to use some wd40 or something to lube the exhaust to slide back. I also used a ratchet strap to help pull it back as I twisted it back and forth. Worth the $30 for the peace of mind that I won't burn the boot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast