ARB Twin air compressor

Serg5000

Is anyone running one of these as a means to inflate tires, as well as for use with lockers. I'm also wondering where you have mounted this huge compressor. I just purchased one and plan on using it for both applications I have mentioned.

Serg5000

So many Jeepers and no one uses one yet.
Ok looks like I'm doing the install solo. I shall
Post pics of how and where I plan on installing it.
It will be installed in the engine compartment.
Today I ordered some parts that will get the job
Done. Stay tuned.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is anyone running one of these as a means to inflate tires, as well as for use with lockers. I'm also wondering where you have mounted this huge compressor. I just purchased one and plan on using it for both applications I have mentioned.

With some creative work, you might be able to get one installed under your hood but, ARB installed theirs here...
main.php

Not such a bad place if you ask me. I like their regular HD pump and it works well - I can only imagine the dual setup would be better.

Serg5000

I have been thinking of where to mount this huge compressor under the hood. I believe I have come up with a solution. But I would like to wait to say where until its in. I have measured about 50 times and with the help of a part already in production it can be done.

This new compressor sitting on my tool box is killing me. Can't wait to be able to air up with this thing. And when I run 37's. it should be great.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Serg5000 said:
For sure. The cubby is pretty big.

So long as it didn't get too hot in there, I would thing it might be a decent place...especially if you ran an external tank or a quick release chuck somewhere else. It would keep down on the interior cabin noise (the cubby, not the chuck or tank).

Last edited:

Trembley

I was considering the cubby location for mine as well when I get to that stage of my build. Something in my brain says if it would be ok to go into the engine compartment then it should be ok to go in the cubby...even considering in the engine bay it would get more natural air flow cooling.

Serg5000

This unit comes with a built in fan. This is another reason I'm installing it in the engine bay. Having it exposed to the outside air is priority.

Attachments

• image-1954883416.jpg
    image-1954883416.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 924
Last edited:

Serg5000

Today I was supposed to go on the run with the other 50 jeeps but my boss need a couple of us to bail him out of a pinch. Three guys called in sick.

So I asked him what we were expected to do. He said just go in and keep an eye on the park. I asked him if I could install my compressor in between going out and Checking on things. He said he didn't care as long as we drove site at least three times to ensure the park was doing ok. My partner told me to go ahead and work on my jeep project and he would drive site.
I managed to get the install done, minus the wiring. Here are some pics of the dual battery tray I used as well as the final install.

Attachments

• image-1211256566.jpg
    image-1211256566.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 817
  • image-521323827.jpg
    image-521323827.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 790
  • image-1639546608.jpg
    image-1639546608.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 786
  • image-1648226784.jpg
    image-1648226784.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 785
  • image-2271207532.jpg
    image-2271207532.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 787
  • image-1666690011.jpg
    image-1666690011.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 784
  • image-3886413058.jpg
    image-3886413058.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 780
  • image-41864248.jpg
    image-41864248.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 787

Serg5000

I used a Rugged Ridge dual battery tray. I made a bracket to hold the compressor in the second battery spot. The spacer you see on the front of the compressor is there to help support the unit. I made sure the unit was a 1/4 inch above the tray bottom. So it is kind of floating. I installed a rivnut on the unit so I had a place to secure the front with. Everything worked rather well. All I have left is the wiring and I should be good to go.

Atch

Looks like a sweet setup, like Eddie said I love the single & can only imagine having the twin

Serg5000

Looks like a sweet setup, like Eddie said I love the single & can only imagine having the twin

He is the one person that you might be able to say has tried everything. I ask him lots of question. Hope he doesn't get tired of it.

Serg5000

Thanks guys. I chewed on this for awhile.

For anyone thinking of doing this. Keep in mind the Rugged Ridge tray is for Optima batteries. I ended up welding the fuse box mounting plate to the battery tray because I needed the space taken up by the three bolts it uses to attach the two. If anyone has any questions, hit me up.

Top Bottom