Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeep Renegade 25mm (1") Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

Been Around the Block LetsGoMuddin's Avatar
    How have these spacers been working out for you guys? I'm wondering how these compare with the Spidertrax spacers. Everyone seems to swear by Spidertrax, but these spacers are around half the price. Do they seem similar in quality? I would like to get some 1.25" wide spacers for my TJ to prevent rubbing up front. Thanks in advance!
    1997 O|||||||O TJ
    Truck- Lite
    Metalcloak
    DynoMax
    33" Duratracs
    My Build: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-Jeep-TJ-Build

Fresh Catch

Jeep Renegade 25mm (1") Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

FYI anybody wanting to use these 1.25" spacers on a '16 Trailhawk the lugs are still too tall. They apparently changed the lug bolts to a taller capped head instead of the open on the '16. To top it off they put a plastic "happy cap" on the new lug bolts which makes it even worse.

Apart from removing the happy cap and grinding down the lug bolt heads I'm at a loss of what to do. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Found the problem. There are two types of lug bolts that come on a Renegade. The "Chrome" version is too tall for this spacer. Even if you take off the happy cap the bolt head is just too tall. There is a non chrome version you can find at most Mopar parts suppliers. Please not that dealership parts people do not likely know there are two different lug bolts so you may have to force them to look it up.

Hell, I live in Hell (It's near Baton Rouge)

A picture is worth a thousand words

Quote Originally Posted by ElZorrodelSol View Post
    Found the problem. There are two types of lug bolts that come on a Renegade. The "Chrome" version is too tall for this spacer. Even if you take off the happy cap the bolt head is just too tall. There is a non chrome version you can find at most Mopar parts suppliers. Please not that dealership parts people do not likely know there are two different lug bolts so you may have to force them to look it up.

I have a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk. I'm confusing this mod, can you give some pictures of the two lug bolts, or perhaps give the part numbers? I need to figure out what I have. I would like to stick with only the 1in spacer.

Spacers now $78 on eBay

Just FYI for those interested in this mod, I bought a set of the spacers on eBay exactly as described for $78.00 w/ free shipping And I am going to mount them on my stock 17's to get some width and clearance from the strut base.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoMuddin View Post
    How have these spacers been working out for you guys? I'm wondering how these compare with the Spidertrax spacers. Everyone seems to swear by Spidertrax, but these spacers are around half the price. Do they seem similar in quality? I would like to get some 1.25" wide spacers for my TJ to prevent rubbing up front. Thanks in advance!
    Iv had these on my cj5 for about 4 years. No problems at all. I do check them once in a while but they are never loose.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12