Anyone ever had this happen?

JeepPilot

Had a 3 inch wide log spear through my firewall. Never even saw the log as it was hidden in some tall grass. I was going slow too. Thought I was pushing up a rock. Turns out it was the log. Broke my gas pedal off. Never hit me though. Curious if anyone else has had something similar happen.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440527421.116109.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440527447.264018.jpg

Rhin0247

Wow, I'm impressed.... Glad you're ok, that could have been a lot worse for either you or your jeep if it was in another spot

Wardell

You're lucky it was just your gas pedal... it could have been worse. I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Only other time I've seen or heard of this happening was in this picture:

Attachments

• 1440531046331.jpg
    1440531046331.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

JeepJeep75

I had no idea that could happen! Holy crap! Glad you wernt hurt. I wonder what the insurance adjuster would think about that? Not your typical body damage, that's for sure.

JeepPilot

I didn't even feel it come through or see it. Just knew my gas pedal broke. I didn't see the hole until the next day. There was a half inch nub that I could push on with my big toe to get me up the trail and back home. The log never came through the carpet.

rob_p

Well on the plus side at least the footwell will drain quicker now!

Seriously wow! That's a new one for me

Top Bottom