Build starts tomorrow!

Wombat

Tomorrow my build begins. My 2 door silver Rubi. A guy wants to buy my wheels and tires so tomorrow I put on my wheels (Pro Comp la Paz) and tires (35x12.5.16 KM2s) and Rugged Ridge flat fenders. Cheap fenders, but steel and will hold me while I do other things.

Selling the wheels and tires will pay for my rear tire carrier. I have a lift and sliders on order, just not here yet

So stoked.

Looking for a front bumper. I want one with a skid to protect me e-discos. I know JCR and MC make one, any others? Don't want to cut my frame so no BFH

Wombat

I'll check out the Lod. Thanks

Not much happened today. Tire place sent BFG T/A KO tires instead, so re-ordering KM2s

Here is my rig pre build DSC_0001.jpg

You can also rotate the e-disco motor up to protect it more.

This is what I did. I purchased a $6 shoulder bold and flipped it over. It is MUCH higher. If you leave the chin "crash bar" on it does a pretty nice job at protecting it. Honestly once flipped it is pretty hard to get to.

Here is a picture of how high it is when flipped.

Sorry the Jeeps is so dirty. We have had this Jeep out on a trail somewhere every weekend since we came off the Rubicon. I will only keep it so clean when every weekend I'm getting it Dirty again. LOL

Attachments

• 1440679994897.jpg
    1440679994897.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 223

JakeJK

Here is a picture of how high it is when flipped.

Sorry the Jeeps is so dirty. We have had this Jeep out on a trail somewhere every weekend since we came off the Rubicon. I will only keep it so clean when every weekend I'm getting it Dirty again. LOL

Is that hydro assist? Or what's that shock looking thing that looks like it should be where the steering stabilizer should go

Wombat

Lift put on today

Finally got the lift in and on. Metalcloak Gamechanger with Rockport shocks. Super exited

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Wombat

Looks like you got Dick Cepek tires on, but you were waiting on BFGs? What happened there?

You would think that living near a big city, with probably half a dozen Discount Tire shops, you would be able to get the tires you want easily. Nope.

When I went to pick them up, they had mounted AT2s, a perfectly good tire, but not what I wanted. Then we could find only 3 KM2s in the area.

I am a big Cooper tire fan, and the Dick Cepek Extreme Country is another branding of the Cooper ST Pro.

So there you have it

Last edited:
Top Bottom