2012 Engine Code

So I had the check engine light come on today. I've felt like Tucker has been running funny for the last few weeks. I checked the code and got the engine misfire. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440637802.683602.jpg

My problem is when I unplugged the programmer it cleared the code. I've been told Chrysler won't fix it if the code is not tripped. I assume it will come back on again. Do I need to clear the Flashcal settings before taking to dealer? And if I do will it clear the code again?

aldaman

I don't know if it would clear the code but you definitely want to return your jeep to its stock settings before going to the dealer...

I just hooked my flashcal back up to the jeep and even though the check engine light is no longer on the Flashcal still reads the P0300 code. Is that normal? I assumed once the light went off the code was cleared.

I just don't want to drive an hour for them to tell me the light is not on so there's nothing they can do.

dagdag

I just hooked my flashcal back up to the jeep and even though the check engine light is no longer on the Flashcal still reads the P0300 code. Is that normal? I assumed once the light went off the code was cleared.

I just don't want to drive an hour for them to tell me the light is not on so there's nothing they can do.

The error codes are stored for a while so intermittent problems can be diagnosed later by the dealer. I do think having firmware that isn't stock is grounds for a warranty void.

P.s. have you ever replaced your spark plugs? How about air filter?

Last edited:
Top Bottom