Thread: Itty Bitty YJ

Itty Bitty RC YJ

I cheated on this one, it comes as a kit with no body, but it was designed for Tamiya's YJ Wrangler body, although there is a Pajero and another body (don't remember the name of it) They all fit perfectly.

Its the RC4WD TF2 SWB kit.

I have already swapped out the wheels and tires and shocks. The wheels were a 1.9 in size. (about a 19 inch wheel in the 1:1 world) but they look to big for a YJ, so I switched to the 1.55's (basically a 15 inch wheel)

The shocks were only 70 mm's long, so I picked up some 80 mm's for a little more flex-ability, Its running leafs.

This is the body before I hacked it all up

I have to admit, I didn't take many pictures of this build because the people on my old RC forum, just don't care anymore.

So I just keep on keeping it on, on the down low anymore, but since some of you are interested I will try to do a little better, showing what I do or how I do it.....lol (sounds funny)

For those who have not seen these pics on another thread that is buried somewhere, this is my shop, that sits in front of my real jeep. Just to give you an idea of my craziness.

One last picture before I quit for the day.

Last edited by jeffro; 09-27-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    Smile an wave boys, just smile, and wave

I've got a few minutes before I turn off this stupid boat anchor and go home for 4 days. Nice long weekend..

These were made before I even started this little build on here. I can't show you how I made them, and like I said before when I build another I will document with pics , how I build stuff.

I made a nasty looking back seat, but the rear windows are tinted, so no big deal.

Its made with scrap styrene pieces and a small piece of a blanket the dog was chewing on, and painted it flat black.

Made a crappy looking dashboard also, but its hard to see in there also.. It needs a little more work

I also had to build up the front inner fender wells, for the look. I also built up the rear inner fenders but no pic at the moment,, I forgot it...

A faux roll bar

Now for the fun parts...yeah right ... masking and painting...

AND NOW

it still needs, Windshield, vent windows, spare tire rim painted to match the other wheels, a new hook on the winch, front blinkers, wipers, etc, and a few more items I'm hiding...

That looks pretty cool. Good work man.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedJK View Post
    That looks pretty cool. Good work man.

I'm late as usual, Thank you TwistedJK

I call it (almost) finished, and a video if you brought popcorn.

Thank you all !
    Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2015 at 08:00 PM.

That video was really cool, sometimes it looked like a full size Jeep.

Lookin good jeffro!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by Joker151 View Post
    That video was really cool, sometimes it looked like a full size Jeep.

You said what I like to hear ! "sometimes it looks like a full size jeep" that's probably one of the best compliments you can give to a scratch builder. Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Lookin good jeffro!

Thank you USMC !!