What's this worth, just need opinions...

BDSJEEP

... and no, "It's worth a buck and a half, here, i'll give ya two" comments pls. :bleh:

So I have this 1960 CJ5. Looks fantastic (in my humble opinion). Love the "one-off" of the Jeepster Commando front clip! (usually its the other way around isn't it?)

Anyway, I bought it last year to get into Jeeping, and quite frankly, its WAY TOO SMALL for my 6'4" 240# stature! I was thinking just mount the seats lower, but my knees are already in my face being so on top of the dashboard, so I just don't think this is the right platform for me. And now after buying the '15 JKU, well Psssh, a no-brainer.

So not sure if I should sell it, or what it would even be worth, worth more to part out? Or just junk the thing....

Here's where I would think the value is at (or what it's got):

- SM 420 4 speed ( that's a 7:1 first gear!! )
- SBC - not really much value for the V8 in general, but still, it looks like it was built right (novak mods) quite a few years ago, not just some hack job.
- front Dana 27 w/power lock,
- rear Dana 44 w/Detroit locker,
- custom chrome alloy flanged rear axles,
- 4:88 ring and pinion (so 45MPH is like 3500 RPM!):shock:
- Dana 18 Xfer case big pin (2.43 LO /1:1 HI)
- Line Lock (in case you're not coordinated with 3 pedals and two feet?) :bleh:
- currently on 32x11.5 R15s BFG Mud T/As (needs spacers with current wheels - rubs leafs on tight turns)
- has a WARN winch in desperate need of a complete rebuild (and new synthetic lead?)

...so 7:1 trans X 2.43:1 Xfer X 4.88:1 gears = 83:1 crawl ratio! :D :clap2:

- Jeepster front clip
- custom "half Z" dash (imagine a Z if looking at the dash's sheet metal from the passenger seat - angles up at driver (cant find on google anywhere)
- Armored (diamond plate) corners and rockers
- pair of 7" KC bumper Lights
- pair of ~4" rear lights

California vehicle - not a lick of cancer on her. (that I'm aware of)

...I Have a soft top with doors as well as a bikini top with half-doors (currently on)

I also grenaded the driveshaft e-brake drum trying to drive it to DMV after I bought it (it had really bad pinion angles and gave zero warning) :eek:
I shoulda' known by the spare u joint in the glove box LOL :cheesy: :naw:
But I put shorter bolts in and corrected the pinion angle and no vibrations or anything on the driveshaft, I just don't have the d-shaft e-brake. I wanted to upgrade the axels and go disc anyway

So what does all this stuff sound like it might be worth?

( ...and no, I'm not trying to sell it here, just curious what I should ask for if and when I do decide to sell it )

00b0b_9tcgb1PaoJZ_600x450.jpg 00707_crnF4ayp8Te_600x450.jpg

Be brutally honest! If this is crap stuff...tell me. She sure look good for her age tho'! :brows:

Thanks in advance.
:beer::beer:

Last edited:

BDSJEEP

Dude that thing is sweet I would keep that in the fam forever

I hear ya! I did fall in love with her looks - but you'd keep it even though you don't fit in it?
And it's geared to crawl - so you cant daily drive it. And crawling knocks my head into the roll cage!:crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

Last edited:

JakeJK

I hear ya! I did fall in love with her looks - but you'd keep it even though you don't fit in it?
And it's geared to crawl - so you cant daily drive it. And crawling knocks my head into the roll cage!:crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

Yeah that's true I don't know haha I just feel like one day you'd miss it. I've got my granddads 67 f250 maybe it's more of a sentimental thing with that though, I don't think I'd have much use for a crawling CJ in Alabama so I'd probably sell it, I feel like a good looking CJ5 would make you more money than parting it out

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I thought the same thing about my old CJ7, but kept it despite the whole family not fitting in it. It was my DD and the wife And I would take it out on date nights. I eventually let her go, but for other reasons. After a surgery I could no longer depress the clutch without a lot of pain. I still miss that thing.

Top Bottom