Wiring Rubi e-locker to Switch Pros panel

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Looking for some help on how to wire my new rubi axles into my Switch Pros panel.

I've searched the forum and read a couple of good write ups on wiring the locker to rocker switches, but since I don't have rocker switches, I'll admit I'm a bit confused.

I've also seen some back and forth on what gauge wire you need and not sure what the final verdict is. I am also unsure if I need to wire in fuses for it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is a photo of the Switch Pros module under the hood that is connected to the battery with a large gauge wire and large fuse. The 8 red wires coming out of the harness are for each switch on the 8 panel touch pad.
IMG_0089.jpg

I have the factory plugs that go into the axle for the locker, but it is cut right after that, there is a black and a yellow wire, I'm assuming black is ground.

Does anyone know how I would wire these up and what exactly I need to do it. Thank you very much in advance for the help!:blush:

bigbootysuperduty

Do you have a multi meter? If not pick one up. A digital one will tell you which lead is + and -. Also many other things, ohms, volts, open, shorted. They are worth the money. As far as you specific question, I cannot answer it.

KenB1010

On the 07s the 2 relays located just to the left of the battery controlled the lockers. There used to be a write up on tapping into these relays so that you could activate the lockers at any speed. You may want to do a search on project JK and JK forum for lockers mods to see if it's still there. I did this mod on my 07 before the ARBs went on, it worked great and was easy to do.

KenB1010

search on JK forum for Rubicon locker by-pass. The modification adds a switch that grounds out the relay engaging the locker at any speed. I'm not sure about using switch-pro for this as its a +power controller without a negative bus bar. I've found switch-pros tech support very good. I would review the mod and then call switch-pros for their ideas.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
search on JK forum for Rubicon locker by-pass. The modification adds a switch that grounds out the relay engaging the locker at any speed. I'm not sure about using switch-pro for this as its a +power controller without a negative bus bar. I've found switch-pros tech support very good. I would review the mod and then call switch-pros for their ideas.

Ok thanks Ken. I have a '14 so I think it might be different but I'll check and give them a call thanks 👍🏻

Top Bottom