NorCal: Signal Peak -- Sept 13th

07JKSahara

Jennifer's Birthday Run

We are planning a tame, family friendly trip up Signal Peak on Sept 13th. We will run the trail on Sunday, but a few are camping the night before.

The Plan:
Meet at trailhead (shared with Fordyce off 80) at 9am. Run the 11 mile loop, stopping for photos and enjoying our time. We hope to make it out to the old signal building.

Only requirements at this time are tow hooks f/r, but 33"+ tires will help you enjoy the day a lot more.

This is a video Eddie and Cindy did in 2008, as an idea of what the trail might have in store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqzju33xH-E

In:
- 07JKSahara *
- KDCH *
- Rccrwlr
- Panda
- Crawler Kitty
- ERAUGrad and the Birthday Girl!
- Back Country + 4
- BDSJEEP + 2
- Spinuck
- Richmech
- Rangair94
- JDog

* Camping Saturday Night

Maybe: (... but probable)
- MTG + 3
- crippledpetey and his big drone
- Jeephooligan + 1
- Fitzbly

Directions:

From Interstate 80 - Sacramento (78 Miles)
- Take I80 East toward Reno
- Take Exit 164 for Eagle Lakes Road (76.8 Miles)
- Turn left under the freeway toward Eagle Lakes
- Continue straight onto Eagle Lakes Road (1.0 Miles)
- Take a right onto Carlyle Rd at the sign (0.2 Miles)
- Trail head is to the right at the staging area

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
OK, so I might have dropped the idea to Jennifer about making this run. It's her birthday on the 13th,but what better way to spend then with the NorCal crew?! :D

Can you put us on the maybe list for now? :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Color me interested. I have no idea what is on our social calendar next weekend, but this looks like fun.

Any idea how long the run will take? I understand you're planning to take your time and anything can happen, etc. Just trying to gauge the day.

07JKSahara

Color me interested. I have no idea what is on our social calendar next weekend, but this looks like fun.

Any idea how long the run will take? I understand you're planning to take your time and anything can happen, etc. Just trying to gauge the day.

if MTG;
then color = Interested
end if;

It's practically your back yard! Added to the maybe. I hope to be off the trail by 3 or 4, some of us have 2+ hr drives home.

MTG

Caught the Bug
if MTG;
then color = Interested
end if;

It's practically your back yard! Added to the maybe. I hope to be off the trail by 3 or 4, some of us have 2+ hr drives home.

LOL. Yep...about an hour drive for me I believe. It will be +3 as well. :thumb:

07JKSahara

LOL. Yep...about an hour drive for me I believe. It will be +3 as well. :thumb:

Glad to hear! You're added! Looking forward to seeing you and the family again! :D :thumb:

This is what I found.

From Interstate 80 - Reno (56 Miles)
- Take I80 West toward Sacramento
- Take Exit 164 for Eagle Lakes Road (55 Miles)
- Turn right toward Eagle Lakes

K.D.C.H

Can't wait Scott, thanks for doing this. I'm in for camping Saturday, maybe put an * next to the name of each person who's planning on camping Saturday so we know who's going to be there.

Just picked up a new Phantom 3 pro so I'll be bring it out and setting some sweet aerial photography of the run

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441219369.469677.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441219323.399768.jpg

07JKSahara

... maybe put an * next to the name of each person who's planning on camping Saturday so we know who's going to be there.

Just picked up a new Phantom 3 pro so I'll be bring it out and setting some sweet aerial photography of the run

Just for you :)

The drone should be really cool. Looking forward to it.

Back Country

Put us down for a strong maybe. Really hope we can make it! I have invited a couple of the local Livermorians in hopes that they can meet the NorCal group.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
OK, wifey gave the official thumbs up! We are in for Sunday and will plan on meeting everyone at the trailhead in the morning.

Woo hoo!

07JKSahara

Put us down for a strong maybe. Really hope we can make it! I have invited a couple of the local Livermorians in hopes that they can meet the NorCal group.

I added you to the going, but let me know if that's not right. The more the merrier!

OK, wifey gave the official thumbs up! We are in for Sunday and will plan on meeting everyone at the trailhead in the morning.

Woo hoo!

And this run just got a new official name. Jennifer's Birthday Run!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear! You're added! Looking forward to seeing you and the family again! :D :thumb:

This is what I found.

From Interstate 80 - Reno (56 Miles)
- Take I80 West toward Sacramento
- Take Exit 164 for Eagle Lakes Road (55 Miles)
- Turn right toward Eagle Lakes

Still at maybe at this point. But yeah, it would be fun.

BDSJEEP

Only requirements at this time are tow hooks f/r, but 33"+ tires will help you enjoy the day a lot more.

Man! This sounds like a great opportunity to meet the NorCal crew!! But I don't even have basic gear yet, and I'm still on stock 255 shoes! :doh:

I dunno'.... sounds kinda' sketch for me, doesn't it? I should probably wait for somethin a bit more... "n00b-friendly"? :idontknow:

p.s. I see Eddie says, "a stock JK Rubi could do it with ease" - that is probably also considering a more experienced driver

With only one "easy" trail under my belt, I feel I should pass on this "difficult" one, at least until I can get a few "mediums" in. I don't have this avatar for nutin' :)

Have fun!!
:beer::beer:

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Man! This sounds like a great opportunity to meet the NorCal crew!! But I don't even have basic gear yet, and I'm still on stock 255 shoes! :doh:

I dunno'.... sounds kinda' sketch for me, doesn't it? I should probably wait for somethin a bit more... "n00b-friendly"? :idontknow:

p.s. I see Eddie says, "a stock JK Rubi could do it with ease" - that is probably also considering a more experienced driver

With only one "easy" trail under my belt, I feel I should pass on this "difficult" one, at least until I can get a few "mediums" in. I don't have this avatar for nutin' :)

Have fun!!
:beer::beer:

I have not personally run Signal Peak, however, everything I have seen shows a stock Jeep can get through.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Scott, could you put down a +1 for us? A coworker with his 15 JKUR may be joining us if you guys don't mind.

Top Bottom