Project "Rock Wagon"

jforse

I picked up my JK in May. It is a 2008 and only has 45,000 miles. It is a Sahara and the previous owner had installed the AEV bumpers and hood. I ended up pulling the bumpers, sandblasting them since they were rusty and having them powder coated. It has a 3.5" AEV suspension. I just installed the Nemesis rocker armor. My plan is to ditch the front Dana 30 for a Dynatrac 44. Ditch the 4.88's and 35's for 5.38's, ARB's, and 37's. I would also like to replace the front bumper, add a winch, and upgrade the suspension to a EVO coil over kit.

Here is how she sits now.

billy rockers 2.jpg

jforse

Go t it up on jack stands tonight for the wrench session tomorrow.
I need to install my Alloy USA ball joints, Synergy sector shaft brace, and axle sleeves. I need to make this Dana turdy last until next summer and I am planning on a MOAB trip before then.
front end work.jpg

cottrellsahara

Nice Rig buddy Looking to put the AEV getup on my jeep coming up here real soon in the end it will look almost exactly like your truck Cant wait to see where your headed

jforse

Only reason would be if you want EVOs DTD kit. Lol.

The kit you linked is supposed to be a good kit from what I've read and seen on the internet. I have no first hand experience with it though.

I'm thinking this will be my next upgrade.

jforse

In the process of installing the new ball joints the ABS sensors broke. I replaced them. On my test drive last night the ABS/traction control light were on. I drove down the driveway (about 100ft) and they turned off. I got a block away from my house and they turned back on. I drove about half a mile and they are still on. I thought that there was no programming procedure for them? Maybe I need to drive a longer distance?:thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In the process of installing the new ball joints the ABS sensors broke. I replaced them. On my test drive last night the ABS/traction control light were on. I drove down the driveway (about 100ft) and they turned off. I got a block away from my house and they turned back on. I drove about half a mile and they are still on. I thought that there was no programming procedure for them? Maybe I need to drive a longer distance?:thinking:

If they are installed correctly and not damaged then it should go off after some driving.

jforse

If they are installed correctly and not damaged then it should go off after some driving.

Installed correctly. Not sure if they received any damage in the bearing. Haven't pulled them out again. Going to take the Jeep for a extended drive today. Hopefully they get straightened out.

jforse

Parked away from other people. Came out after work to find the wagon surrounded by new friends. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442277491.097375.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442277506.728398.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442277523.028470.jpg

Top Bottom