Any opinions on the new Smittybilt X2O winch

jjlong

Need to buy a winch, and looking at the budget I find myself leaning towards the Smittybilt X2O 10K lbs waterproof winch. Looking for an honest opinion from you good folks.
Thanks.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I have the Smittybilt XRC 9.5 with synthetic line. I've used it about 5 times so far to pull out other jeeps from mud holes. The winch performed great. I have two cons. The free spool is a little stiff and the plug in pins for the remote are thin and weak. The pins break off in the plug. After they broke I called Smittybilt and they sent me a new one no questions ask. Hope this helps.

Ddays

Hooked
Have the 12000# version. Only used it once so far but worked great. Only complaint is that the wireless function wasn't working. Not really a big deal to me
because it worked fine plugged in.

Nhfd01

Have the x2o for a couple weeks now. Love it so far, have used it a few times messing around. Wireless has worked perfect.

BearClaw

I got the xrc 10 and it works great. Love the wireless function and the battery lasts pretty good. Guy i wheeled with over the weekend had a x2o on a tj and said he loved it but he only has used it a couple times. Hope this helped some!

rogerk93

Need to buy a winch, and looking at the budget I find myself leaning towards the Smittybilt X2O 10K lbs waterproof winch. Looking for an honest opinion from you good folks.
Thanks.

I have the x20 12k with the synthetic line. The first unit I got had a dead short so it had to be replaced. But the unit I have now works like a charm it has what I think is a fast pull rate and looks real good. I only had to use it once and it worked fine.

jjlong

Thanks for the comments. It made my decision easy. Picked up the winch w/ synthetic line, and an aluminum quarter pounder and stinger! Putting it all in tonight...can't wait!

Attachments

• 1441312677920.jpg
    1441312677920.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 418
  • 1441312690869.jpg
    1441312690869.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 1441312730479.jpg
    1441312730479.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 1441312748742.jpg
    1441312748742.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 409

Templar

Congrats - would like to see some pics when you have it installed and also your thoughts on it.

jjlong

Couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• 1441351769671.jpg
    1441351769671.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 1441351783352.jpg
    1441351783352.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 380

mikefishes

If in the first 6 responses you got, three people said they had problem with the wireless, weak pins that break off, and a unit that was defective from the factory, how in the world did that make it an "easy decision" for you??
seems like a 50% success rate at best. 😳😳😳

Scrambler

If in the first 6 responses you got, three people said they had problem with the wireless, weak pins that break off, and a unit that was defective from the factory, how in the world did that make it an "easy decision" for you??
seems like a 50% success rate at best. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. Quality control seems to be sub par on their winches. Hopefully the OP has better luck. Made it an easy decision for me not to buy one.

Ddays

Hooked
In retrospect, I probably should have left off my issues with the wireless. At the time of use it was -15 f**ing degrees and my dumbass brother in law buried himself in a snowbank
in my driveway at 2 in the morning. I obviously wasn't in a mood to try too hard to get it to work:furious3:

This thread couldn't have come at a better time. I had a lead on one of these for a very good price, but passed based largely based on the info. Thanks WAL :D

We had a guy at uwharrie that blew a rear drive line while on a hill climb so front wheel drive was all he had. Had a winch on front but when i asked why not use the winch to help get to the top, he said it didnt work. Guess what kind of winch it was...

dagdag

seems like a 50% success rate at best. 😳😳😳

My sentiments exactly. I have regretted every ShityBilt purchase I ever made. BUY AMERICAN MADE YOU JACKASS! LOL

Last edited:

ITLL GO

My sentiments exactly. I have regretted every ShityBilt purchase I ever made. BUY AMERICAN MADE YOU JACKASS! LOL

Warn also makes some winches overseas.... So... Awkward...[emoji51] Try and add comments that have value add and not just band wagon fluff. Welcome to way of life!

dagdag

Warn also makes some winches overseas.... So... Awkward...[emoji51] Try and add comments that have value add and not just band wagon fluff. Welcome to way of life!

I never mentioned Warn. Try to not put words in people's mouths and boss them around. Kthx.

ITLL GO

"Boss people around" huh. Telling someone to buy American and calling them a "jackass"... What would you call that good Sir? Those are your words exactly and I quoted it so you don't get confused again... Feel free to explain yourself.

dagdag

"Boss people around" huh. Telling someone to buy American and calling them a "jackass"... What would you call that good Sir? Those are your words exactly and I quoted it so you don't get confused again... Feel free to explain yourself.

I have better things to do than justify parody.

Top Bottom