WTB: 07-15 JK Tailgate

Pixel

Unfortunately for me I was hit in a parking lot while down the beach and my tail gate was pushed inward. It closes right now but gets stuck pretty bad. It isn't something that could be repaired as easily as it could be replaced. I don't need the tire carrier/light/locks/hinges/handle just the gate itself. Color doesn't matter. Located in NJ so if its outside of the NJ/NY/PA area it would probably be cost prohibitive to ship. Even if you know someone who has one for sale any help is appreciated.

RoughRider

Look on Craigslist in the Dallas area and search Jeep Wrangler parts, there were a few of them on there and I'm sure they would be willing to ship

Pixel

Look on Craigslist in the Dallas area and search Jeep Wrangler parts, there were a few of them on there and I'm sure they would be willing to ship

I will have to take a look. There were a few salvage yards in the area with one or two but the price they were asking was only $100 less than a brand new OEM one so it wasn't that great of a deal. There was a vendor on eBay selling "NEW PAINTED TO MATCH - OEM MOPAR TAILGATE for 07-14 Jeep Wrangler JK rear door" for $399 shipped. That truly sounds too good to be true for OEM replacement.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I will have to take a look. There were a few salvage yards in the area with one or two but the price they were asking was only $100 less than a brand new OEM one so it wasn't that great of a deal. There was a vendor on eBay selling "NEW PAINTED TO MATCH - OEM MOPAR TAILGATE for 07-14 Jeep Wrangler JK rear door" for $399 shipped. That truly sounds too good to be true for OEM replacement.

Hope you got this handled by now, but in case you didn't. My son rammed into a buddy of mine on the trail last year and dented his tailgate. I too was referred to this eBay seller and they were awesome.

$400, paint was well done, packaged well, arrived to my door relatively quick. And it IS a MOPAR part, not a knockoff. How they do it, no idea, but they came through and I was glad to pay the $400 after the insane quotes I was getting. Some shops in Phoenix (who would quote over the phone) gave me prices between 200-450 just for paint! Almost like they just didn't want the work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom