Need some advice asap

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
The upper control arm mount I had welded on broke off again only this time I was on a trail up in Ouray CO. I managed to get jeep back safely to our campsite but I'm not sure what to at this point. I'm several hundred miles from home in Albuquerque NM. I could try and drive it home with only 3 control arms attached but I'm kinda worried about doing it. I'm going into town to see if there are any shops open but being Labor Day weekend, chances seem slim.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441482154.530576.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you can't get it welded back on you will be fine driving home like that. It'll just feel a little flighty.

jeeeep

Hooked
Look up welders in the area, you should be able to find someone with a portable welder that can weld that up for you

barh

there is a welding shop next door to the n.a.p.a. store also Rockwerks offroad is on the n. end of town, they r good people.

barh

if you are in Ouray go to the gas station on n. end of town (the one with the junk yard across the street) ask for steve he owns the place , he fixed up a buddy last year that broke an axle for dirt cheap. very nice people, they even took us out to see elk & gave us sweet corn after they were done working. I am sure he will weld it for you. good luck. hope this helps.

jedg

Ask around for Brian Freidhoff. He lives in Ouray and has a welder. It's what he does for a living. I'm betting he will do it for ya.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
if you are in Ouray go to the gas station on n. end of town (the one with the junk yard across the street) ask for steve he owns the place , he fixed up a buddy last year that broke an axle for dirt cheap. very nice people, they even took us out to see elk & gave us sweet corn after they were done working. I am sure he will weld it for you. good luck. hope this helps.

Thanks for such a detailed response. I decided to take a chance & just drive the jeep home as is. We made it home okay, it just took a little longer because I drove much slower than normal.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Ask around for Brian Freidhoff. He lives in Ouray and has a welder. It's what he does for a living. I'm betting he will do it for ya.

Thanks for the tip. We decided to use the time we had left to go on some hikes and just enjoy our camping time instead of spending it trying to repair the bracket.

Top Bottom