Anybody using the Dana Spicer Heavy Duty Dana 30 cover?

jorgelrod

Hooked
It talks about having a "Raised fill plug for increased fluid capacity on high pinion angles" among other attributes, but I've read multiple times that higher fluid levels than the originally intended creates higher heat levels due to having to dissipate the heat from a higher volume of fluids.

It looks nice and they have them here on sale at a local shop but that specific point has been brought up before so I thought it best to ask for recommendations before pulling the trigger...

Product Name:
Spicer Dana 30 Heavy Duty Performance Differential Cover - Nodular Iron

Fits:
Dana 30
Description:
Spicer Differential Covers are engineered from some pretty intricate components. Spicer differential covers keep your parts safe, and they're designed to meet the needs of any application. Whether your vehicle is built for speed, heading off-road, or just braving the hazards. No matter where you take your vehicle, Spicer performance differential cover is designed to meet the rugged demands of off-road environments.

Product Details:
Ensures greater housing rigidity
Enhances the look of your undercarriage
Manufactured from high-strength, nodular iron
Raised fill plug for increased fluid capacity on high pinion angles
Built with ribbing to protect differential components for off-road environments
Designed and engineered for off-road applications with an aggressive look to match trail-ready strength
Parts Included:
(1) Performance Differential Cover
(1) Drain Plug
(1) Hardware Package

Alternate Part Numbers: SPC-2020034

jeeeep

Hooked
You don't need this, so long as your cover allows you to fill it to a level that covers the axle shaft you're fine.
I haven't checked on my 2015 but on my 2010, the covers hung just barely below the housing so I trimmed them flush so they wouldn't catch on the rocks.

Top Bottom