Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Synergy Drag Link falls/rotates forward after driving

Fresh Catch

Synergy Drag Link falls/rotates forward after driving

Just a couple months ago I installed a synergy tie rod, Synergy drag link flip, Synergy Track Bar relocation bracket, and the Synergy Steering Stabilizer kit with the fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer. This is my first time doing something like this but i'd say everything went pretty smoothly.

All of the new components are doing great except for the drag link. After going for a drive or even just around the block, the drag link is completely rotated forward on the TRE's (Pic below).

I drilled the hole with 7/8" bit and used the tapered adapter that came with the kit. Installed the drag link with the TRE's flat and the bar flat like the instructions say. Today I tried to adjust it so that the bar was angled down a bit more while the TRE's were flat to see if that would help but it didn't seem to.

Any ideas how to correct this? or is it normal for the drag link to sit forward like that?

Other notable suspension/steering components - Rouch country 3.5" springs and N20 Shocks, Rough Country LCA (non adjustable), Synergy Ball joints

20150907_125515.jpg

Hooked
    Yes that is normal. It's the weight of the bar that is rotating the tie rod end down like that. The bar won't stop rotating down until the joint is maxed out. On mine the rod end on the pitman arm side is flexed down. In your pic your tie rod end on your tie rod is doing it as well. No big deal

That's normal for synergy with the tre they use.
    synergy makes a dust boot that takes up some the gap to keep it from flopping. They make different ones, a set for the tie rod and a dust boot for the drag link http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-GM...1-p-29183.html

Hooked
    Do not use those boots on the draglink. The draglink needs vertical misalignment the tie rod does not. Installing those boots on the draglink will cause major binding during articulation. I use the boots on my tie rod only to avoid tie rod flop cause I have hydro assist. If you don't have hydro assist you don't really gain anything with those boots

Hooked

Synergy Drag Link falls/rotates forward after driving

Just realized those boots are for a completely different end. It's for the older style gm 1 ton rod ends. The new low misalignment boots is what i was referring to. These should be used in tie rod only

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...s-p-30965.html

Yeah don't use the misalignment boot which is why I mentioned there are 2 diffrent ones. The link I posted is for the drag link boot it still allows flex just not so much. Imo it helps keep the wear more even on the tre

Hooked
    Cool does it fit on their new end though?

Fresh Catch
    Sweet looks like I'm in good shape then. Thanks for all the replies!

Can you rotate that drag link up and down really easy? I have damn near the same set up and mine is so easy and flops around...and Im trying to find a popping noise when turning left and right under 30mph.

Caught the Bug
    FYI if anyone is interested because I see a lot of people complaining about this....My synergy drag link flopped too and problem or not, I just didn't like it. So on the adjustable end I threw on a jamb nut and tightened it after adjustments were complete. This locked the tie rod end to the rod and rendered it the same as any tie rod. No more flop, 2$ fix, wont wear out and wont trap mud and stuff in my rod end. Not sure why Synergy doesn't include a jamb nut from the get go.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast