What is a "Real American Patriot"?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I just got the following comment on our Route 66 musical road video in which you get to hear "America the Beautiful" being played as our Jeep Renegade rolls along a rumble strip designed to play it when you do 45 MPH. And, as we often get on our YouTube channel, a hater of mine posted up the following comment.

ncsharkman.jpg

And, this got me thinking. What does it mean to be a "real American patriot"? In a free country like America, does one really need to be in a military branch to be a "real American patriot"? What say you?

dchotrod

The Official I Hate wayoflife / Eddie Thread

So you're a pacifist commy that loves America the Beautiful? At least you have good taste in music.[emoji106]

Last edited:

dchotrod

Now that I've read the rest of your post, I see you asked a question. In my previous post I hope the sarcasm came through. It's absolutely ridiculous to say you have to be in a branch of service to be a Real American Patriot. Where would that leave those that want to serve & couldn't? What about civil servants that never served in the military, where do they fall in this ranking system. You can't cure stupid.

BDSJEEP

And, this got me thinking. What does it mean to be a "real American patriot"? In a free country like America, does one really need to be in a military branch to be a "real American patriot"? What say you?

In my humble opinion, John F. Kennedy's inaugural address sums it up quite nicely with:

"ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

...so those that live following this mindset or philosophy just about does it, for me.

But who am I to judge....

jedg

Hrm. I see no requirement to have served in the military to be a patriot. I think it's a lifestyle, mindset, philosophy. Adventuristic and independent. Recognizing when the underdog needs help and providing it. Always waving at a stranger on a lonely trail. A strong work ethic.

Sounds a bit corny but that scratches the surface for me.

mackey

A "real American Patriot" is someone who loves their country, loves what our country stands for, knows the history of how our country became what it is, isn't trying to change our country to be like "their country", respects and honors our country's traditions, values, holidays, and if called upon, will fight to keep our country the great nation it is.

TwistedJK

This guy is!!
image.jpg

Seriuosly though, anyone who contributes to his/her country one way or another is. Not someone looking for free handouts. My two cents.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I feel being a real American Patriot is all about pride and education. It's about understanding why this is still the greatest country on earth and what ideals and types of people brought us to this point. It's about helping out other Americans, being proud enough to to spend that extra buck for a "made in the USA" tag. To me an American Patriot is a responsible, productive member of society. I see no reason to have served in the military to be a real American patriot. If this douche thinks any different I'd be happy to compare ERBs. Just haters trying to feel important about their sad little lives.

Scrambler

Your commenter seems to be Sharkman from the toaster jeep forum. The one that took issue with the lord's name being used in vain. I guess when he said he wasn't going to "frequent your site again", he meant only toaster jeep and not your YouTube channel.

Edit: I just watched one of his videos and apparently he picks and chooses who is allowed to use the Lord's name in vain. First video I watched was full of OMG's. :thinking:

Last edited:

JK LYF

Military service is not needed to be a real American patriot. And although there have been some great answers posted as to what makes a great American patriot, I will just say, You'll know one when you see one! And I have met quite a few great patriots on this forum.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your commenter seems to be Sharkman from the toaster jeep forum. The one that took issue with the lord's name being used in vain. I guess when he said he wasn't going to "frequent your site again", he meant only toaster jeep and not your YouTube channel.

Edit: I just watched one of his videos and apparently he picks and chooses who is allowed to use the Lord's name in vain. First video I watched was full of OMG's. :thinking:

:cheesy: Well that explains a lot :crazyeyes:

Just got the following response from him.

ncsharkman.jpg

What's funny is that he's the one who's all butthurt just because I allow people the freedom to say what they think and somehow I'm the "clown" and he's the "real American patriot" - LOL!!

Scrambler

:cheesy: Well that explains a lot :crazyeyes:

Just got the following response from him.

View attachment 164344

What's funny is that he's the one who's all butthurt just because I allow people the freedom to say what they think and somehow I'm the "clown" and he's the "real American patriot" - LOL!!

This guy is hilarious. His videos are filled with profanity and using the Lord's name in vain. Sounds like someone needs to take a step back and take hard look at their own life. He isn't portraying his supposed Christian values in his videos, which makes me wonder how he can pass judgement on Overlander or anyone else for that matter. I believe the most unpatriotic thing to do is to try to stop people from practicing their first amendment right of free speech, which is exactly what he was trying to do with Overlander and the Lord's name in vain issue over at Toaster Jeep. Now I'm rambling. Just thought you'd find it interesting that it was the same guy from toaster jeep being a troll.

KICKROX

A "real American Patriot" is someone who loves their country, loves what our country stands for, knows the history of how our country became what it is, isn't trying to change our country to be like "their country", respects and honors our country's traditions, values, holidays, and if called upon, will fight to keep our country the great nation it is.

My thoughts exactly!

big dr

I feel being a real American Patriot is all about pride and education. It's about understanding why this is still the greatest country on earth and what ideals and types of people brought us to this point. It's about helping out other Americans, being proud enough to to spend that extra buck for a "made in the USA" tag. To me an American Patriot is a responsible, productive member of society. I see no reason to have served in the military to be a real American patriot. If this douche thinks any different I'd be happy to compare ERBs. Just haters trying to feel important about their sad little lives.

what he said:thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This guy is hilarious. His videos are filled with profanity and using the Lord's name in vain. Sounds like someone needs to take a step back and take hard look at their own life. He isn't portraying his supposed Christian values in his videos, which makes me wonder how he can pass judgement on Overlander or anyone else for that matter. I believe the most unpatriotic thing to do is to try to stop people from practicing their first amendment right of free speech, which is exactly what he was trying to do with Overlander and the Lord's name in vain issue over at Toaster Jeep. Now I'm rambling. Just thought you'd find it interesting that it was the same guy from toaster jeep being a troll.

Ha! I was wondering how the fawk I got brought into this then I remembered that tool. :cheesy:

MattMc

If I recall correctly, only about 3% of the population in the U.S. is in the military currently. So, if that was the only qualifier, then then I guess there aren't a lot of patriots in the U.S. But we know that isn't true.

#Murica!

Lance628

I was in the corp and that's def not what makes you a patriot there where plenty of guys I served with that where no patriots there's a lot of politics involved with the military these days

USMC Wrangler

"Citizens by birth or choice of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of American, which belongs to you in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than any appellation derived from local discriminations." President George Washington's Farewell Address PG 7 at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/GPO-CDOC-106sdoc21/pdf/GPO-CDOC-106sdoc21.pdf

Washington didn't seem to think you needed to be in the military to be a patriot. That jackhole questioning Eddie is wrong. Just my :twocents:

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

So you think you need to be in the military to be a patriot??

Are you asking me that? The "jackhole" I'm referring to is the loser asking Eddie what branch he served in. Maybe that wasn't clear? No, I do not believe only those who serve in the military are patriotic...

Top Bottom